Brewed up a Helles. Tried doing it LODO style but calamities got in the way. The mash cap sank during the sparge and got stuck in the tun and made for great problems. Efficiency was very low, not entirely sure why. I was expecting an OG of 1.052, but got 1.044. I forgot to check my mash temp, but I think that it might have been lower than it should have been. Not sure how I would adjust the temp in a single infusion and a LODO type process (or pH or anything else for that matter). It looks like you just have to get it all right ahead and infuse and be spot on. Granted, that is doable if you are doing the same thing repeatedly on a consistent system.
Anyway, today's recipe is using Ultra hops for the first time. I grabbed a pound of them during a black friday sale, first time I've tried them.
10lb Weyermann Pils
0.5oz Ultra @ 60
0.5oz Ultra @ 10
I also tried skimming the hot break material off the top.