Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What are your house styles?  (Read 8747 times)

Offline smurfe

• Cellarman
  • Brewing on the Bayou
Re: What are your house styles?
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 06:23:28 pm »
I have a Pale Ale recipe I brew consistently. I can't call it APA or a Bitter as I sometimes use English yeast, sometimes American yeast. Occasionally I use Marris Otter but normally 2 Row. I have Blonde Ale I brew a lot to.
I cook and I brew down on the bayou

Swampwater Brewing
Gonzales Louisiana

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 07:36:19 am »
I only have roo for two in the fridge so in the summer,  something German (pils, helles, hefeweizen, Dortmunder), and an IPA.  In the winter, Wee heavy, stout, porter, and an IPA.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

boulderbrewer

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 07:59:35 am »
I usually have a some sort of pils and IPA on tap at all time. A wheat beer for summer also. The rest of the taps usually have other one off type beers.

Offline yugamrap

• Brewer
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 09:17:32 am »
I usually have a house APA, Bavarian Hefeweizen or Cream Ale on tap but, with four faucets, there's plenty of room for variety and seasonal styles.  Today, It's Session Pale Ale, Porter, BVIP and Schwarzbier (I'm working off some winter inventory).  I have IIPA on deck, Maibock and Helles lagering for a few more weeks, and Cream Ale and Märzen fermenting.  My next brew day will probably be a 10-gallon batch of the house APA to lay in some stock for early summer.
...it's liquid bread, it's good for you!

Offline akr71

• Brewmaster
  • Beer Ain't Drinkin' - Mojo Nixon
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2010, 10:14:53 am »
I always like to have an 80/- and a stout of some sort available.  I like to make sure I have a wheat ready for the sunny months and an O-fest for, well O-fest.  After that, something hoppy (IPA, APA, dryhopped ESB).
Andy

Amherst, NS - Canada

Offline 1vertical

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Ozone Layer. Actual location
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:05 pm »
I had not thought of this, geeze if I could only make the circuits to everyone's "house"
what a smorgasbord of beer!

If you were to come to my house most likely you would find a Saison lurking around
AND a Stout / Dark of some type. Soon you will be able to tip an oaked rochefort fairly
regularly here as I have to keep that oak solera going.  Coming up is a dry hopped American
strong lager AND a Maibock because it is almost Mai....Cheers!

We have started to make our own soad pop as well and so there is some non-al around too.

Upcoming events are going to be an attempt at an Avery Hog Heaven Barleywine style.

geeze, so many different beers, so little liver..... :-\
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

Offline corkybstewart

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2010, 05:53:28 pm »
I have a 6 cornie kegerator.  The tap on the far left is always a brett beer(saison right now), the tap on the far right is always a stout, either oatmeal or Imperial, and I always have a low hopped Kolsch type beer for my wife.  The other 3 taps can be anything.  Right now I also have a rye ale, a coffee porter and a wee heavy on tap.
My original house beer was a Belgian strong dark, I just brewed it for the first time in 2 years so it will soon be back in the rotation.
Life is wonderful in sunny White Signal New Mexico

Offline pjj2ba

• Cellarman
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2010, 09:23:29 pm »
I brew seasonally. 4 taps available.   I have a pretty set recipe for a porter and stout.  For summer I brew a std lager, a CAP and a pils.  I usually make several Pils, and use that to mess with ingredients/mashes etc.  I do have a house IPA I'll make 2-3X a year.  I'm still messing with my Belgian recipes.  So I guess a Belgian is a house regular, but I don't have a set recipe yet.  Well, I guess I do have pretty set Chimay Blue recipe, but I'm messing with other Belgians.  Also always a Kolsch and an Alt for our annual pig roast

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2010, 09:53:07 am »
I always have some kind of hoppy beer, an IPA or APA of some sort.  Don't really brew the same recipe all too often as there are different ones I'm always wanting to do.  I also usually have something amber or dark on tap as well.  I've got only 2 taps on my kegerator so I try to keep something either hoppy and malty, or light and dark on tap. 
Jesse

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2010, 12:15:53 pm »
I always have a Belgian in the house, since I married her.

As for beer, I don't brew enough (probably because I don't drink enough) to really have a house style. In fact, I've never duplicated a batch. That will change with a dark "lager" I made recently. I was inspired by 1554 (New Belgium) and used Cal. Lager yeast. I liked it a lot more than I expected.

Offline Nagel Family Brewing

• Cellarman
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2010, 02:37:30 pm »
Robust Porter/Oatmeal Stout (one or the other)
Cascade APA
Simcoe American Wheat
Seasonal

Offline rep

• Cellarman
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 04:55:31 pm »
I have found that I enjoy Pale Ales and Amber Ales.

I have a house beer for both styles.

I am now looking at an IPA to add as a house beer.  This is a clone of the Two Hearted.  I also have an Amirillo pale ale that is tasty.

I will brew a style two times before I add it to my house list.  Also, BTW, before I begin brewing ten gallon batches of a style I also brew at least two five gallon batches to get it dialed in.
Wear Wool, Sit on Leather, Ride Lugged Steel

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:27 am »
I have a pale ale that I brew 2-3 times per year, so I guess that is my house beer.  I usually have a lager and some sort of belgian on tap, but style varies.  And there is always an english barleywine, imperial stout and sour beer in bottles.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

Offline Podo

• Cellarman
  • Korea
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2010, 08:21:56 pm »
I usually have a Pale Ale and an IPA on hand year-round.  Summertime I like to make a stout and some sort of wheat beer (I usually end up with a pale ale with a bunch of wheat in it!), and in the fall I go with brown ale - good football beer.  Winter I normally try something I've never made before, and I also brew something Imperial that will last a while.
So good once it hits your lips!