Author Topic: commercial examples of Kolsch  (Read 1324 times)

Offline swlusk

• Brewer
  • The Closet Brewer
    • View Profile
Re: commercial examples of Kolsch
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 10:40:59 AM »
Blue Mountain Brewery makes 'Kolsch 151' and it's quite good. Unfortunately it's only available in Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and West Virginia. The only one I know of other than those already mentioned.
Corripe Cervisiam

If I ever go missing I want my picture on a beer instead of a milk carton , I want fun people to find me

Offline chumley

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:09 PM »
Having spent three days in Cologne this past October I did extensive research on this subject.  8)

The best one was Päffgen.  it had a nice straw/mowed grass crisp bite to it.  Wonderful stuff.

I also greatly enjoyed Fruh, Mühlen and Sion. Mühlen had the best fresh malt flavor.

Gansel, Peters and Gaffel were also quite nice.

Probably the only one that didn't do much for me was Gilden.  Kind of like the Coors of Kolsch.

Offline goschman

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:21 AM »
Having spent three days in Cologne this past October I did extensive research on this subject.  8)

The best one was Päffgen.  it had a nice straw/mowed grass crisp bite to it.  Wonderful stuff.

I also greatly enjoyed Fruh, Mühlen and Sion. Mühlen had the best fresh malt flavor.

Gansel, Peters and Gaffel were also quite nice.

Probably the only one that didn't do much for me was Gilden.  Kind of like the Coors of Kolsch.

Coorlsch! Seems like most of those might be hard to come by in CO
On Tap:                       
American Wheat / XPA#1:Jarrylo-Zythos / Altbier / Kolsch / American Strong Ale

Up Next:
GoschaLagerBier (GLB) / Saison?