Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: regular beer line up  (Read 5044 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: regular beer line up
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2014, 09:41:26 am »
This year will be the year of small beers and lagers for me. I recently gained access to full pitches of lager yeast from the local brewery so there is no excuse for not using the rest of the cool winter weather to my advantage and figure this thing out.

And my wife informed me that, while my big beers are pretty much on mark, the small beers are still lacking a certain spark so here's to sparking some small beers!

no regular line up so much as a regular line up of lessons to be learned.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline chinaski

• Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 08:35:42 am »
I've got a short list of recipes that I've returned to numerous times which tend to follow the spectrum of hoppy, roasty, malty categories that many here mention.  My goal now is to go "hop independent" and brew variations of these recipes (american  ipa, altbier, porter, am wheat or blond, bitter/esb) using the hops from my ever-growing hop yard.  Just finishing up the few ounces of commercial hop pellets (mostly for just bittering) that I've got over the next few brews.

Offline brewbaker

• 1st Kit
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2014, 08:44:25 am »
With my recently installed nitro line, I now have a lineup that is starting to feel about right:

1. Nitro beer - Usually something a bit darker and lighter something like an English Mild with a twist on it.
2. Lighter (Color) Hoppy Lager - Generally a Pils of some sort or a hopped up Vienna.
3. Darker Lager - Usually a Dunkle or Bock
4. Random - Barrel stuff, sour stuff, high octane lagers.

Basically lagers abound.