Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle NHC  (Read 2091 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Seattle NHC
« on: January 20, 2014, 11:47:53 pm »
Can someone in the know fill me in on how it works? I'd like to go steward this year. Calendar shows Friday 4/4. Is that it, or does it last into Saturday? Cost etc would be helpful. A run down on what to expect would be awesome

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Seattle NHC
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:29 am »
Like last year there will be a session on Friday night as well as Saturday over at Pyramid.  When competition registration opens up you should be able to register to judge/steward at any or all of the sessions. 

Usually meals are provided, I don't remember if we had dinner on Friday night last year but there was breakfast and lunch on Saturday. 

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 12:55:34 am »
Cool thanks. Hotel suggestions?

Offline jweiss206

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 01:23:08 pm »
I live in Seattle, so I haven't the need to stay in a local hotel. But this is directly across the street from the Pyramid Brewery and about 3 blocks from the Elysian. Schooner Exact is also about a mile south from here as well.

Silver Cloud Hotel
1046 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 12:15:35 am »
Awesome thanks.

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 10:39:39 am »
Can someone in the know fill me in on how it works? I'd like to go steward this year. Calendar shows Friday 4/4. Is that it, or does it last into Saturday? Cost etc would be helpful. A run down on what to expect would be awesome
Hi Jim,

Unfortunately when registering a competition with the BJCP, you can only enter one date for the entry deadline and one date for the competition date, so all of the AHA National Homebrew Competitions start on a Friday and continue into the weekend.  Hopefully the competitions can complete it in one weekend; if not, judging will continue until it is all completed.

Cheers,
Janis
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 12:31:36 am »
Makes sense. Thanks

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 05:31:24 am »
I live in Seattle, so I haven't the need to stay in a local hotel. But this is directly across the street from the Pyramid Brewery and about 3 blocks from the Elysian. Schooner Exact is also about a mile south from here as well.

Silver Cloud Hotel
1046 1st Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134

Mrs Klickitat is all excited. So I went ahead and made reservations here. Looking forward to the experience