Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: commercial examples of Kolsch  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Steve L

• Brewmaster
  • Rocky Mount, VA
Re: commercial examples of Kolsch
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2014, 10:40:59 am »
Blue Mountain Brewery makes 'Kolsch 151' and it's quite good. Unfortunately it's only available in Virginia, DC, Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Ohio and West Virginia. The only one I know of other than those already mentioned.
Corripe Cervisiam

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:09 pm »
Having spent three days in Cologne this past October I did extensive research on this subject.  8)

The best one was Päffgen.  it had a nice straw/mowed grass crisp bite to it.  Wonderful stuff.

I also greatly enjoyed Fruh, Mühlen and Sion. Mühlen had the best fresh malt flavor.

Gansel, Peters and Gaffel were also quite nice.

Probably the only one that didn't do much for me was Gilden.  Kind of like the Coors of Kolsch.

Offline Iliff Ave

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2014, 10:01:21 am »
Having spent three days in Cologne this past October I did extensive research on this subject.  8)

The best one was Päffgen.  it had a nice straw/mowed grass crisp bite to it.  Wonderful stuff.

I also greatly enjoyed Fruh, Mühlen and Sion. Mühlen had the best fresh malt flavor.

Gansel, Peters and Gaffel were also quite nice.

Probably the only one that didn't do much for me was Gilden.  Kind of like the Coors of Kolsch.

Coorlsch! Seems like most of those might be hard to come by in CO
On Tap/Bottled: IPL, Adjunct Vienna, Golden Stout, Honey Lager
Fermenting: IPA
Up Next: mexi lager, Germerican pale ale