Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Northeast registration is CLOSED?!?!?  (Read 7419 times)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: Northeast registration is CLOSED?!?!?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 10:10:11 am »
Undoubtedly packed with Jamil recipe clones from some stupid brewing army...

:D  they're stupid because they got their entries in on time?
:D  :D
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline babalu87

• Brewmaster
  • Grand Brewbah
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:58:36 am »
full region = greater competition

Registration was open for 5 or 6 weeks. I entered a beer last week and the count for the North East was still under 500 - so a week before the deadline there was still a whole 1/3rd of the slots available.

I understand that it was open for 5 or 6 weeks. I made the decision to wait because 2 of the beers I wanted to send werent ready yet and I didnt want to take up spots without knowing for sure if I would be sending those beers or not.

Jeff

On draught:
IIPA, Stout, Hefeweizen, Hallertau Pale Ale, Bitter

Primary:
Hefeweizen,Berliner Weisse, Mead

Offline marty

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 11:10:26 am »
I understand that it was open for 5 or 6 weeks. I made the decision to wait because 2 of the beers I wanted to send werent ready yet and I didnt want to take up spots without knowing for sure if I would be sending those beers or not.

spots are only held for 24 hours if they're unpaid, they would have opened back up if you decided not to send them in

Offline babalu87

• Brewmaster
  • Grand Brewbah
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 11:34:35 am »

spots are only held for 24 hours if they're unpaid, they would have opened back up if you decided not to send them in

I would have paid for them, I know next year I will.

Maybe I'll just spend $100 and take up 10 spots whether I am planning to send them or not.
Jeff

On draught:
IIPA, Stout, Hefeweizen, Hallertau Pale Ale, Bitter

Primary:
Hefeweizen,Berliner Weisse, Mead

Offline enso

• Brewer
  • Northeast Kingdom, VT
    • Bristle Bros. Brewing Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 01:57:57 pm »

Huh.  I registered my beers a few weeks ago and did not get around to paying for them until last week when I added my final entries.  The beers originally entered were still there in the system.  Guess I was lucky?
Dave Brush

Offline Janis

• AHA Project Coordinator/NHC Director
  • Brewer
  • Which came first, the pelican or the beer?
    • American Homebrewers Association
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 02:19:52 pm »

Huh.  I registered my beers a few weeks ago and did not get around to paying for them until last week when I added my final entries.  The beers originally entered were still there in the system.  Guess I was lucky?

Hi guys,

The 24-hour "rule" only applies when a region has hit the registration limit.  Because the system has no way of knowing why the entries are not paid, unpaid entries older than 24 hours are deleted to make room for more entries below the limit until the limit is reached again.  Many entrants this year chose to pay for the entries when they registered them, so there wasn't a lot of room opened up before hitting the limit once again.  Any new entries made during the opening between hitting the limit have 24 hours to pay for the entries before they are deleted, etc.

Cheers,
   Janis Gross

NHC Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org
Janis Gross
National Homebrew Competition Director
AHA Project Coordinator
janis@brewersassociation.org

Offline bbkf

• Cellarman
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2010, 04:02:24 pm »
Undoubtedly packed with Jamil recipe clones from some awesome brewing army...

maybe you can brew them next year.