Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Speidel Fermenter  (Read 8231 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Speidel Fermenter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:24 am »

If you got a second spigot and put that on top, you could possibly us CO2 to push the beer out into the keg.  I've seen where people have done so and the fermenter had no problem holding 5psi, just haven't tried to do it myself yet.

I'm intrigued about this. Does this mean you can simply screw a second spigot on the top or is there a mod that has to be fabricated?

Offline yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:26 am »

If you got a second spigot and put that on top, you could possibly us CO2 to push the beer out into the keg.  I've seen where people have done so and the fermenter had no problem holding 5psi, just haven't tried to do it myself yet.

I'm intrigued about this. Does this mean you can simply screw a second spigot on the top or is there a mod that has to be fabricated?

Sorry for being confusing.  No, I just used the ring section of the spigot.  I use it to hold the stopper in place.  I can post a picture later today if that would help.
Steve
BJCP #D1667

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” ― G.K. Chesterton

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 07:13:50 am »

The spigot and cap share the same connection. A second spigot can be used as a blowoff.