Author Topic: Speidel Fermenter  (Read 2448 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
    • View Profile
    • Yellowhammer Brewing Company
Re: Speidel Fermenter
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »

If you got a second spigot and put that on top, you could possibly us CO2 to push the beer out into the keg.  I've seen where people have done so and the fermenter had no problem holding 5psi, just haven't tried to do it myself yet.

I'm intrigued about this. Does this mean you can simply screw a second spigot on the top or is there a mod that has to be fabricated?
Keith Y.

Vote Jonathan Fuller for Governing Committee!

Online yso191

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Yakima, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:26 AM »

If you got a second spigot and put that on top, you could possibly us CO2 to push the beer out into the keg.  I've seen where people have done so and the fermenter had no problem holding 5psi, just haven't tried to do it myself yet.

I'm intrigued about this. Does this mean you can simply screw a second spigot on the top or is there a mod that has to be fabricated?

Sorry for being confusing.  No, I just used the ring section of the spigot.  I use it to hold the stopper in place.  I can post a picture later today if that would help.
Steve
All Hands Brewing

Online Steve in TX

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2014, 07:13:50 AM »

The spigot and cap share the same connection. A second spigot can be used as a blowoff.
Vote Jonathan Fuller for AHA Governing Committee. For every yes vote, Jonathan will send you a can of Heady Topper.

*** This message has not been approved by Jonathan Fuller. All claims of free Heady Topper are in jest and not to be taken seriously. But seriously, he is a great brewer that is 100% committed to helping the AHA and all homebrewers prosper.