Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Using Lactobacillus in my Gose  (Read 9040 times)

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
Re: Using Lactobacillus in my Gose
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 10:05:32 am »
Thanks.  I have a hibiscus beer in the pipeline, but haven't used hibiscus in beer before.  I use it in ice tea frequently.  Tasty stuff.

+1 I used it in a saison which turned it to a lovely red. Complemented the flavor quite nicely as well. Looking forward to adding it to a sour along with rose hips.
Kyle M.

Offline Kinetic

• Brewer
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 01:01:48 pm »
That's what I was planning on making.  A saison with 3711, rose hips, hibiscus and Triskel hops.  I've used rose hips in a couple sours before.  They add tartness, flavor, aroma and a mild prickly sensation in the throat.  2-3oz seems to work fine.  3 oz is fairly strong, but not quite over the top.       

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 02:01:27 pm »

That's what I was planning on making.  A saison with 3711, rose hips, hibiscus and Triskel hops.  I've used rose hips in a couple sours before.  They add tartness, flavor, aroma and a mild prickly sensation in the throat.  2-3oz seems to work fine.  3 oz is fairly strong, but not quite over the top.     
that sounds tasty as well, might have to try something like that soon as I'm planning out a saison now as well.
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010