Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Club in stl  (Read 4826 times)

Offline bwuller

• 1st Kit
Club in stl
« on: February 09, 2014, 12:14:42 pm »
I'm looking to join a club in St. Louis but don't know which one. I live in sunset hills and was wanting one close. If anyone has any information on one please let know. Thanks
St. Louis,MO

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
-Ernest Hemmingway

Offline riceral

• Brewer
Re: Club in stl
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:14:16 pm »
I'm looking to join a club in St. Louis but don't know which one. I live in sunset hills and was wanting one close. If anyone has any information on one please let know. Thanks

Try here:   http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/community/clubs/find-a-homebrew-club/

Looks like there are 5 in St Louis.

Ralph R.

Offline bwuller

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »
I saw the list of clubs but was wanting to know more about them and if anyone is a member.
St. Louis,MO

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
-Ernest Hemmingway

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 06:07:08 pm »
There are some good guys in both StL Brews and Garage Brewers. That's where I would start.
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline jeffjm

• Cellarman
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 09:10:19 am »
Since you're in Sunset Hills, the closest to you is the St. Louis Brews. Our meetings are in Crestwood, right down Watson Road, the first Thursday of every month. See http://stlbrews.org/about.asp for more details.

I've been a member for 2-3 years now - feel free to send me a PM if you've got specific questions.
I set out running but I take my time.

Offline pmcgrew

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 01:10:05 pm »
The STL Hops club meets monthly at Perennial so we aren't too far from you either. You can read info about us here: http://stlhops.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5023

I'm the Viceroy (VP), so you can PM me with questions. Several great clubs in town, you won't go wrong with any of them.

Offline stltaper

• 1st Kit
  • Ales for pleasure since 2009
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 10:26:39 am »
You are pretty close to both St. Louis Brews Club and STL Hops Homebrew Club. STL Brews meetings are highly attended, pretty formal, and there is a certain style rundown/tasting every meeting.

I'm in the STL Hops HBC. We have around 15-30+ people each month. Most months it starts with a share, quick club news/discussion, and a 50-50 comp at the end.  Once every 3 months we have style rundown/tasting. We have a lot of fun, but we're also building up our presence by getting beers into festivals, members entering comps, big group going to this year's NHC, etc.  We sort of ride the line between fun and formal.

Check out both clubs.  They both have their own feel.

Cheers!