Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Holy Grail Clone  (Read 1806 times)

Offline cary

• 1st Kit
Holy Grail Clone
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:52:36 am »
I had the pleasure of picking up a few bottles of a big beer called "Holy Grail" brewed by Grand Lake Brewing Co. located in Grand Lake, Colorado.  This was a limited production beer that I believe is no longer available.  I am trying to find a clone recipe.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Offline cary

• 1st Kit
Re: Holy Grail Clone
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:18:40 am »
I had the pleasure of picking up a few bottles of a big beer called "Holy Grail" brewed by Grand Lake Brewing Co. located in Grand Lake, Colorado.  This was a limited production beer that I believe is no longer available.  I am trying to find a clone recipe.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

I sent this message out about a year ago and didn't receive a response.  Thought I would revive it to see if anyone new might have a suggestion.

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 08:22:32 am »
Have you emailed the brewer? This often will result in a recipe. Might be full scale, but can be modified.

Offline cary

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 08:27:38 am »
I have not tried that.  I guess I thought they would ignore such a request.  I will give it a try.

Thanks.

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 08:31:57 am »
I have not tried that.  I guess I thought they would ignore such a request.  I will give it a try.

Thanks.

you may be pleasantly surprised. small breweries are often very supportive of the homebrewer and one of the ways they help us out is sharing details about the recipe.

If you do get their recipe it's not a slam dunk to scale down to 5 or 10 gallons but it's not a huge challenge either.

Feel free to ask questions here if you get stuck!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline cary

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 08:36:17 am »
Thanks, I will.