Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Thank You AHA community  (Read 4612 times)

Offline etbrew

• Assistant Brewer
Thank You AHA community
« on: February 11, 2014, 05:31:49 pm »
I just started reading Gordon Strong's Brewing Better Beer and he talks a lot about learning from other brewers and it occured to me that I don't really know any other brewers except all of you on this forum.  I have never met any of you but the immense body of knowledge and experience in the AHA and this forum have been instrumental in furthering my understanding of the brewing pocess.

I have not asked many questions on the forum over the years but I have read a lot.  It turns out most of the question I have had were answered somewhere in time on this forum and all I had to do was seach for it!   

With that said I'd like to send out a big thank you to the AHA community for helping to teach me how to brew better beer  ;D

Cheers!

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
Re: Thank You AHA community
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:34:45 pm »
You are welcome. We all started with our first batch. We all learned from others along the way. We are glad to help.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline dls5492

• Brewer
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 05:37:28 pm »
Very well written etbrew. I have the same sentiment.
David S.
Cedar Falls, IA
Club: Cedar River Association of Zymurgy Enthusiasts (CRAZE)

And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 05:42:35 pm »
You are welcome. We all started with our first batch. We all learned from others along the way. We are glad to help.

+1.  My thoughts exactly. It's a great community of brewers and knowledge. While I feel competent to be a help to some, I learn constantly as well. How it should be.
Jon H.

Offline koop3700

• Cellarman
  • sodus N.Y.
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 05:46:20 pm »
I as well must say the knowledge from you guys and gals here are outstanding in the advise you share. I as well read a lot of the posts and have my questions answered. I also extend a Thank You to everyone here and hope for many more years of this may i dare say tradition. The passing of knowledge from one generation to the next with hopes that it lasts forever thanks to all the Elders of now and tomorrow.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 05:52:09 pm »
Maybe this year we can arrange a more formal AHA Forum meetup at NHC and put faces to names.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2014, 06:24:58 pm »
Maybe this year we can arrange a more formal AHA Forum meetup at NHC and put faces to names.

Just like the past two years, my forum name will be on my badge

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 07:03:35 pm »
I did meet many last year, and we went to Nodding Head for a beer or three. Should do it again,
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2014, 08:31:23 pm »
I did meet many last year, and we went to Nodding Head for a beer or three. Should do it again,

That was a good time for sure. but it's gonna be a long walk to nodding head this year isn't it? ;)

I hope I have been able to help folks out on here because I know I have, and continue, to receive tons of priceless info on here.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 12:18:32 am »

That was a good time for sure. but it's gonna be a long walk to nodding head this year isn't it? ;)

I hope I have been able to help folks out on here because I know I have, and continue, to receive tons of priceless info on here.
That was funny. Maybe walk to HopCat or one of the others in Grand Rapids.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2014, 05:56:22 am »

That was funny. Maybe walk to HopCat or one of the others in Grand Rapids.

Count me in!
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2014, 06:08:34 am »
+1 to what the OP said! The folks here have been more than happy to help me with good solid advice and guidance. I've looked around for other online resources but this forum is the best. As others have said the "noise" here is far less than on other boards. Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 06:21:03 am »
Thanks to everyone for all the help.  Hopefully I've returned the favor a time or two.

This is a community that lives the concept of "pay it forward".  I received help so I can give others help now.  You all do the same in spades!

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2014, 06:52:54 am »

+1.  My thoughts exactly. It's a great community of brewers and knowledge. While I feel competent to be a help to some, I learn constantly as well. How it should be.

Took the words right out of my mouth!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2014, 07:43:18 am »
Due to work/family/life-in-general constraints, I don't belong to a homebrew club. But honestly, the forums here suit my needs just fine. It's a great community we have going here, and I'm thankful if I can give back even a fraction of what I've learned (and continue to learn on a daily basis) from everyone here.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer