Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: If you're as old as I am....  (Read 1933 times)

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: If you're as old as I am....
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2014, 11:37:33 am »
Congratulations! I hadn't caught that.  I bet you got to see a lot of cool stuff behind the curtain.

Sometimes it was a great job and sometimes it totally sucked.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2014, 12:29:33 pm »
Congratulations! I hadn't caught that.  I bet you got to see a lot of cool stuff behind the curtain.

Well, that's true for most of us. You made it through though.
Any highlights from the show?
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:07 pm »

Well, that's true for most of us. You made it through though.
Any highlights from the show?

Lindley was his usual rambling, zen, story telling polyester leprechaun self.  Only played about 6-7 pieces and really stretched out on them.  Hot Tuna was great as long as they were sticking to blues and older material.  Their new stuff is sappy lyrics and inane music, so it was fortunate they only played a few new tunes.  They have added a mandolin player who didn't always for in and they played some bluegrass stuff for him.  As much as I like bluegrass, I don't go to a Hot Tuna concert to hear bluegrass!  The high point for me was Jack Casady.  He was a big influence on me when I was learning to play bass 50 years ago.  He still sounds exactly the same.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2014, 03:34:50 pm »
Not as old but just a big of fan, I'm jealous! I've been fortunate to see them several times, the first being the old Fillmore West, what an awesome venue!

Have a great time!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010