General Category > Extract/Partial Mash Brewing

She's Alive!

(1/6) > >>

flbrewer:
After just shy of 2 weeks in the bottle, my latest extract is done (Surly Furious clone kit)...and I can't believe how clear it is! It tastes really good, although I expected more of a head on the pour. It is really non-existant when I pour slowly. If I pour harder, I get a small head but loads of yeast. Thoughts?
Secondly, with a gentle pour, I see no bubbles rising...is this common? The carbonation sounded good when I opened the bottle.
Finally, will a longer bottling increase the carbonation or head at this point?

http://imgur.com/1E84yPS

klickitat jim:
Looks pretty. How does carbonation taste and feel?

I usually give my bottle conditioned beers a month at room temp before opening.

flbrewer:

--- Quote from: klickitat jim on February 13, 2014, 06:52:08 PM ---Looks pretty. How does carbonation taste and feel?

I usually give my bottle conditioned beers a month at room temp before opening.

--- End quote ---
It tastes a bit flat now that you mention it! What's room temp for you? Lately (even in N. Florida) it's been around 62-65 degrees.

Steve in TX:
+1 to what Jim said. Give it a bit more time. Could also be a case of uneven priming.

flbrewer:

--- Quote from: Steve in TX on February 13, 2014, 06:53:59 PM ---+1 to what Jim said. Give it a bit more time. Could also be a case of uneven priming.

--- End quote ---
Yes, good point. When I added the sugar/water mixture to the beer in the bottling bucket, I didn't mix too vigorously. I simply swirled the bucket gently. I imagine that liquid quickly dropped to the bottom and those first few bottles will be carbed higher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version