Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 1 BBL garage system with automation  (Read 64695 times)

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: 1 BBL garage system with automation
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2014, 04:46:19 am »
nice set up. Seems like your day job pays you enough money to add a glycol jacket on those fermentors (notice: it won't if you quit your day job and become a full time brewer. I opened a brewery in 2010 and am still waiting to make money. Just sayin'.) You can pick up a small glycol unit used to cool draft lines for cheap - $1200 new and probably half that at a used restaurant supply store. And one unit would cool two fermentors easily. Maybe even an additional BBT. You need to be able to very accurately control fermentation temps and you really need to be able to crash cool to be making the best beer possible, which with all the time, money and investment you have in this system I'd think you would want that.

Offline kroogs

• 1st Kit
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »
Beautiful system! 

Where did you find your brite tanks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ultravista

• Brewer
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2014, 06:46:25 pm »
Wow - what a beautiful brew house.

Offline bentwood

• Cellarman
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2014, 11:35:31 am »
nice set up. Seems like your day job pays you enough money to add a glycol jacket on those fermentors (notice: it won't if you quit your day job and become a full time brewer. I opened a brewery in 2010 and am still waiting to make money. Just sayin'.) You can pick up a small glycol unit used to cool draft lines for cheap - $1200 new and probably half that at a used restaurant supply store. And one unit would cool two fermentors easily. Maybe even an additional BBT. You need to be able to very accurately control fermentation temps and you really need to be able to crash cool to be making the best beer possible, which with all the time, money and investment you have in this system I'd think you would want that.

If I keep this system long term I will consider doing that but I don't think it will be running much longer in its current location.  We are thinking of selling the house and moving to the East side of Seattle.  If that happens I would either start up a hobby brewery with a license in a small inexpensive commercial space or go bigger and try to do the day job a year or two before switching over.  We'll have to see how things go.  It's working well for now and I'm hqcing no issues crashing the beer over a couple days.  This little room can get it down to 40 degrees no problem. Maybe lower but 40 is doing a fair job of putting the year to sleep.

I haven't been getting notified about posts on this thread so thanks for the compliments guys.  :-)

Offline JJeffers09

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2015, 03:24:28 pm »
my jaw hit the floor
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

AHA Member
Indiana Brewers Union (IBU)