Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Homebrewing Appliance survey  (Read 4476 times)

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
Re: Homebrewing Appliance survey
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 09:33:05 am »
Took longer than some brews I've done

Yeah, I quit halfway through. The only machine I want is something to automatically clean up after me. I'll just wait until my son is old enough for that :)
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:28 am »
Do.not.want.

Couldn't have said it better myself! and that certainly was NOT a short survey, gave up on it........
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 09:49:40 am »

Yeah, I quit halfway through. The only machine I want is something to automatically clean up after me. I'll just wait until my son is old enough for that :)

This  I would pay for. I might even finish a survey about it!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 11:07:19 am »
I'd be happy to buy an automatic, electric hot liquor tank with a timer. Fill with water the day before and set it to turn on in the morning so strike water is ready and waiting for me. Even without a timer - get up, flip a switch, go make coffee.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 11:08:06 am »

This  I would pay for. I might even finish a survey about it!

+ 10.  :D
Jon H.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 12:57:20 pm »
I'd be happy to buy an automatic, electric hot liquor tank with a timer. Fill with water the day before and set it to turn on in the morning so strike water is ready and waiting for me. Even without a timer - get up, flip a switch, go make coffee.
Yes automation of tasks which require no skill or thought are the items I wouldn't mind having automation on. 
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline thetooth

• Assistant Brewer
  • Long Beach, CA
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 04:15:41 pm »
Couldn't finish survey... lost interest.  Magically bottling my beer for me would be cool, but not actually brewing/fermenting it.  If I didn't want to do that part, I see no reason to brew my own.  I could buy beer at the store.  I thought about a machine like this for my craft beer loving friends who don't want to put in the effort to brew, but realized pretty quickly that they'd rather just buy the beer from their local bar or bottle shop than have to buy a (likely expensive) machine to make the beer at home.

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2014, 06:20:51 pm »
Yes automation of tasks which require no skill or thought are the items I wouldn't mind having automation on.

These things exist, but when you look at the pricetag required to do such a thing you might rethink your happiness to buy it;)
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »
For sure. That's why I gave a price I would be willing to pay in their survey.

These things exist, but when you look at the pricetag required to do such a thing you might rethink your happiness to buy it;)
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"