Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Best craft beer store in San Jose and/or Santa Rosa?  (Read 2527 times)

Offline sourbone

• 1st Kit
Best craft beer store in San Jose and/or Santa Rosa?
« on: February 24, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »
Hi guys, I'm Canadian and heading to California in three days and I sure want to buy some of your best craft brews somewhere. Is there a reknown store where you can find the best choice? Cheers!

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
Re: Best craft beer store in San Jose and/or Santa Rosa?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 06:51:47 pm »
If you are in Santa Rosa, you need to stop by russian river. There you can buy some Pliny and blind pig. I prefer blind big personally.

Offline sourbone

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »
Actually, it's sure I'm going to drink some beers at Russian River, but I want to bring back some other products. The one I'm looking for are Jolly Pumpkin (I know ... I'm dreaming), New Belgium, Allagash, Stone, Dogfish, etc ... and suggestions are welcome ....

Offline Stevie

Best craft beer store in San Jose and/or Santa Rosa?
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 07:20:03 pm »
All of those can be found at BevMo. Think best buy but booze. The only exception will be jolly pumpkin. Quite a few grocery stores will sell many of those as well. There is a decent sized one in Novato right off of the freeway, but they are all over.

If you can get to the San Francisco, city beer store is amazing. They sell all sorts of rare and cellared beers. The more rare, the more $$$. www.citybeerstore.com

Edit - whole foods! They are all over as well and have a great beer selection. You can buy bottles of Pliny and blind pig at the brewery.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 07:23:38 pm by Steve in TX »

Offline Stevie

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 07:31:17 pm »
I would also grab some knee deep brewing. Simtra and hoptoligist are good.

Firestone walker double jack, ballast point (anything), bear republic (racer 5 and hop rod rye), California had exploded with good beers. I'm sure more folks here will have plenty of input.

Offline howlinghound

• Cellarman
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 07:35:08 pm »
When I lived in Santa Rosa about ten years ago, Bottle Barn was my favorite - Northeast side of town.  Knowledgeable staff and pretty good selection.  At the time, I was more interested in wine...

+1 to Russian River and kudos to Third Street Aleworks in downtown Santa Rosa for craft brew from the tap.  At the time I lived there, RR was associated with Korbel which also gave a great tour.

Offline cheshirecat

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 09:34:41 am »
If you like German beer at all, I would suggest Gourmet Haus Staut in Redwood City (between SF and SJ). Not a brewery but a very interesting beer selection. They get a lot of stuff from Germany you can't find anywhere else. They have 16 taps of German beer, +6 taps of American craft brew. Amazing food. They also have a German shop in the front that has a pretty good selection of German beers in bottle too.

Offline sourbone

• 1st Kit
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 07:27:29 am »
Thank you very much guys, I'm leaving this afternoon ....

Offline stpug

• Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 09:53:02 am »
Bottle Barn in Santa Rosa has been a "MUST STOP" for me for years. Good selection on beer, wine, and liquor. Decent prices too!