Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Great British Beer Festival  (Read 1040 times)

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
Great British Beer Festival
« on: February 25, 2014, 07:55:33 am »
Hi everybody,

I'm planning on going to the GBBF this year. It's from August 12th - 16th (Tues through Sat). I'd like to know if anyone else was planning on attending, and if so if you'd be interested in doing a group apartment rental for the occasion. Price for lodging through airbnb looks to be about 1k euros / 1,300 usd for four nights, so if we can get four people that's $350 per person. This would be right next door to the convention center.

Ticket prices for the event itself are £10/day, and beer prices are typical london, around £3-4 for a pint. I've been once and it was a riot. Lots of interesting people, plenty of good beer, mostly British styles of course but there's an 'imports' section as well. Also going on at the same time (I think) is the London Craft Beer Festival, which is £35 for a ticket, glass, and a free sampling from each of the stands.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
Re: Great British Beer Festival
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 03:21:18 am »
Hey! I'm planning on going, too! We normally have a vacation freeze in August, but my boss made an exception. What a guy! I'm planning to only go to the festival on the 12th, so I'll take the train in on either the 10th or the 11th and heading back on the 13th.

Offline phillamb168

• Brewmaster General
  • Lardy, France
    • My Job
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 07:23:44 am »
Hey! I'm planning on going, too! We normally have a vacation freeze in August, but my boss made an exception. What a guy! I'm planning to only go to the festival on the 12th, so I'll take the train in on either the 10th or the 11th and heading back on the 13th.

Bachelor or with the ladyperson? I doubt I'll be doing every single day either (that's a lot of beer). Hopefully we can get some more people on board so as to keep apartment rental costs low.
I'm on twitter: phillamb168
----
morticaixavier for governing committee!

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:25:54 am »

Bachelor or with the ladyperson? I doubt I'll be doing every single day either (that's a lot of beer). Hopefully we can get some more people on board so as to keep apartment rental costs low.

On my own. I'll be meeting a couple other friends there. That's all I know so far. I want to get the days figured out fairly soon so at least I can take advantage of the 88€ RT train tickets.