General Category > Other Fermentables

Mead serving temp

(1/2) > >>

69franx:
Having a beer and wine tasting at the house tomorrow. I picked up a bottle of Viking Blod Mead for fun. Any thoughts on this mead? Also, the bottle says to serve slightly chilled. Can anyone give a better range of serving temps for it? Thanks for any help. The only time I have ever had mead was at the end of a long night of drinking, so I don't remember much about it. This bottle just looked cool and I liked the name. It was purely a spur of the moment pick as I was picking out beers at the largest liquor store in the country, in Bellevue KY.

garc_mall:
Most of the meads I have had are meant to be drank close to white wine temps (mid 40s?). I usually pull it out of the fridge and give it 20 minutes or so at room temp before pouring.

69franx:
Thanks for the reply. Here in Indiana right now, and tomorrow, that temp will mean just keeping it in the basement garage (42deg right now) and just bringing upstairs for a bit before serving ;D

erockrph:
I generally prefer to serve bigger, fuller bodied meads at red wine temps and lighter, more delicate meads at white wine temps.

69franx:
Ok, but is this a bigger, fuller bodied mead? Can someone tell me about this mead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version