Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2014 - Lottery System for Registration?  (Read 43864 times)

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
Re: NHC 2014 - Lottery System for Registration?
« Reply #255 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:04 am »
Dan, if you (or any of the other GC candidates) win, you have a Wednesday morning meeting that will last into the afternoon, and you bring the beer.

I always get in on Tuesday night for that reason.

Note the bolded part...it's part of the initiation rites before we teach you the secret handshale!

does it have to be homebrew? that's gonna make for a heavy suitcase. I packed 21 bottles in my suitcase for philly. each wrapped in bubble wrap and duct tape and inside a big wooly sock. it was june and I had 10.5 pairs of thick wool socks and two pairs of socks I could actully wear.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #256 on: March 05, 2014, 09:13:44 am »
Dan, if you (or any of the other GC candidates) win, you have a Wednesday morning meeting that will last into the afternoon, and you bring the beer.

Note the bolded part...it's part of the initiation rites before we teach you the secret handshale!
I'd bring them a 30 pack of Stroh's...initiate this!  ;D

Handshale?  Is that where you shake hands and leave an oily residue?  :o

it was june and I had 10.5 pairs of thick wool socks and two pairs of socks I could actully wear.
Who you kidding?  Everyone knows you Californians only wear sandals and flip flops ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 09:17:27 am by theDarkSide »
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #257 on: March 05, 2014, 09:24:04 am »

I'd bring them a 30 pack of Stroh's...initiate this!  ;D

Handshale?  Is that where you shake hands and leave an oily residue?  :o

it was june and I had 10.5 pairs of thick wool socks and two pairs of socks I could actully wear.
Who you kidding?  Everyone knows you Californians only wear sandals and flip flops ;)

true. I spent a significant amount of my time there is flip flops and a kilt
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #258 on: March 05, 2014, 10:37:46 am »
does it have to be homebrew? that's gonna make for a heavy suitcase. I packed 21 bottles in my suitcase for philly. each wrapped in bubble wrap and duct tape and inside a big wooly sock. it was june and I had 10.5 pairs of thick wool socks and two pairs of socks I could actully wear.

Nope.  One year, after Gordon had taken a trip to Belgium, he brought a cooler full of beer he'd brought back.  So, if you want a role model....;)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #259 on: March 05, 2014, 10:44:57 am »
I'm holding off on that as I'm unsure if I'm going out Tuesday or Wednesday.  Tuesday if I get my BJCP Written test results back and I scored under 75. Wednesday morning if I scored 75+ lol.... Going to book the hotel for Tuesday and adjust if needed (hopefully it will be needed lol)

I'll be sure to bring a keg of the 'fine' homebrew I supply for your BJCP tests Fred ;-)
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #260 on: March 05, 2014, 11:01:27 am »
It's your life Dan  :o
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #261 on: March 05, 2014, 11:51:14 am »
But, just pretend you're Belgian and on tour of the Stroh's brewery. Its a treat and look at the airfare you saved.

Offline pudgym29

• 1st Kit
  • Frugal froth fanaddict
    • Top-notch bookmarks
NHC 2014 - Lottery System for Registration?
« Reply #262 on: March 10, 2014, 01:01:13 am »
AHA NHC attendance going from 1,800 in Seattle in 2012 to 3,000 in Philadelphia in 2013 was predictable and understandable since it was the first NHC held on the U.S.A.'s east coast since Orlando, FL. in 2006. (Cincinnati, OH. in 2008 was Eastern Time, but not east coast. Baltimore, MD. in 2005 was the prior time in the mid-Atlantic.)
For Grand Rapids, MI., the cities which conceivably might motor in and out are triangulated by Madison, WI.; St. Louis, MO.; and Pittsburgh, PA. I will be driving from Chicago, IL. I suspect a lot of beer people from here haven't been to an NHC since 2010. I am unsure how soon I will arrive in Grand Rapids, but I will get back to Chicago on Sunday.
Now to find a hotel room for these nights. Ehh boy: I have a rough time dealing with hotels for NHC. For the last three years, the person who had agreed to share a hotel room with me dropped out within a week of the NHC and I got stuck for the entire humungous hotel tab. :P
Gazing at the list of prior NHCs, the most eyebrow-raising location which has not hosted in a long time would be somewhere in Wisconsin.
I enjoy malty beers.