Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC Hotels filled up already?  (Read 5556 times)

Offline guido

• Brewer
Re: NHC Hotels filled up already?
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 03:17:32 am »
A club member and I started working the phone and online shortly after we received the email.  I could not find one hotel with online booking, that had Tuesday availability.  My buddy did get one for us at a listed hotel by working the phone, but it's not at the conference rate :(  and it's several miles away :( :( .  Tuesday night is necessary for those of us coming in from far away, for the BJCP exam & reception.

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk

Gee, Monday availability is what did me in. Otherwise, I could have booked a hotel much closer.  I decided to attend one of the Tuesday events and fly in Monday.  I thought there would be no problem for a room on Monday.  If there's going to be Tuesday events in San Diego, the AHA might want to consider more rooms for Monday.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline ajk

• Brewer
  • Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:42 am »

Should have booked long ago and not waited for the official AHA release of hotels.
I tried that back in January, and it didn't work. The AHA blocks were apparently already reserved, and there was very little availability outside of them. 

narvin

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 08:24:29 am »
Kathryn forwarded me the email on Saturday since I registered late.  I ended up getting a room at the Holiday Inn just across the river, about a half mile away.  The NHC rate was all booked up, unfortunately, but I'm just glad to be close by  :)

Offline bierrox

• 1st Kit
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 03:54:02 pm »
I have never received the email even though I paid for my tickets already and received my confirmation from altitude. The email didn't go to SPAM. I've been checking that too.

I'm really bummed now since I haven't booked a room yet. I've email someone at the AHA but haven't heard anything. What happened to the email I was supposed to get?

Bummed in Indy :(

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 07:14:37 pm »
I have never received the email even though I paid for my tickets already and received my confirmation from altitude. The email didn't go to SPAM. I've been checking that too.

I'm really bummed now since I haven't booked a room yet. I've email someone at the AHA but haven't heard anything. What happened to the email I was supposed to get?

Bummed in Indy :(
Contact Katherine ASAP. At the end she says some rooms available.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=18536.msg236889#msg236889
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 07:18:51 pm by hopfenundmalz »
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline bierrox

• 1st Kit
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 08:37:32 pm »
Thanks for the advice. I sent an email earlier today and she responded with the link. I've book at the crowne plaza for a good rate. I'm not sure what the glitch with the email was, but it's all worked out in the end. Looking forward to June now.

Cheers!