11k!? How big of a system are you going with, and what kind of packaging?
I will definitely be in GR, but before that I'll be in Denver for CBC - anyone else going? Keith? Ron? Sean?
Really wanted to go to CBC in Denver, but decided against it for budgeting reasons. Hopefully next year. I'll be in GR for sure. Just booked my flight for GR. We just got pre-approved for TM. Warlock Brewing Co. Planning to sign a lease for an 11K s.f. building in Smyrna, DE in the next several weeks.
We've been given an opportunity to lease a town owned building at a very reasonable rate. It's a steel building with a concrete slab, that's wide open and ready for buildout. It has 16ft ceilings and two receiving docks. We are getting the first nine months "rent free". We're purchasing a new 15bbl system and planning to bottle. Cans are my preference, but the market's just not quite ready for it.
PM or call me for further details. I'd like to learn more about your plans as well.
That's awesome Ron, congratulations. I wish I could have found a deal like that!
By the way, verify the thickness of the slab - I've been to two breweries recently who had to dig out the old slab and pour a new one to support the weight of the fermenters. They were going with 60+ bbl fermenters though, so if you are not planning to have multiple batch fermenters you will probably be ok.