Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: I'm back, I hope  (Read 5124 times)

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
Re: I'm back, I hope
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2014, 10:58:37 pm »
Welcome back and looking forward to following your new brewery.  By the way, I don't think I ever asked you how your Maui trip went.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2014, 11:21:47 pm »
Maui was awesome - we had a great time.  We'd love to go back, but it might be a few years now :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2014, 12:30:08 pm »
Glad to see  you back Tom, always enjoy your knowledge and insight on topics. Best of luck on the new brewery and I too like the name!
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Rhoobarb

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2014, 03:03:54 pm »
Good to see you back, Tom! Lotsa luck on the new venture.
"Brewing beer to save money makes as much sense as buying a boat to cut costs on a fish dinner." -- Tim French

>^,,^<
Rhoobarb
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicken-City-Ale-Raisers/118689024850197

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2014, 06:59:52 pm »
I will definitely be in GR, but before that I'll be in Denver for CBC - anyone else going?  Keith?  Ron?  Sean?

Really wanted to go to CBC in Denver, but decided against it for budgeting reasons. Hopefully next year. I'll be in GR for sure. Just booked my flight for GR. We just got pre-approved for TM. Warlock Brewing Co. :)  Planning to sign a lease for an 11K s.f. building in Smyrna, DE in the next several weeks.
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2014, 07:52:47 pm »
I will definitely be in GR, but before that I'll be in Denver for CBC - anyone else going?  Keith?  Ron?  Sean?

Really wanted to go to CBC in Denver, but decided against it for budgeting reasons. Hopefully next year. I'll be in GR for sure. Just booked my flight for GR. We just got pre-approved for TM. Warlock Brewing Co. :)  Planning to sign a lease for an 11K s.f. building in Smyrna, DE in the next several weeks.
11k!?  How big of a system are you going with, and what kind of packaging?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 08:54:02 am »
Welcome back, Tom!  Postdoc, very appropriate.  :)
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 10:36:35 am »

We've been given an opportunity to lease a town owned building at a very reasonable rate. It's a steel building with a concrete slab, that's wide open and ready for buildout. It has 16ft ceilings and two receiving docks. We are getting the first nine months "rent free". We're purchasing a new 15bbl system and planning to bottle. Cans are my preference, but the market's just not quite ready for it.

PM or call me for further details. I'd like to learn more about your plans as well.
Ron Price

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 11:15:14 am »

We've been given an opportunity to lease a town owned building at a very reasonable rate. It's a steel building with a concrete slab, that's wide open and ready for buildout. It has 16ft ceilings and two receiving docks. We are getting the first nine months "rent free". We're purchasing a new 15bbl system and planning to bottle. Cans are my preference, but the market's just not quite ready for it.

PM or call me for further details. I'd like to learn more about your plans as well.
That's awesome Ron, congratulations.  I wish I could have found a deal like that!

By the way, verify the thickness of the slab - I've been to two breweries recently who had to dig out the old slab and pour a new one to support the weight of the fermenters.  They were going with 60+ bbl fermenters though, so if you are not planning to have multiple batch fermenters you will probably be ok.
Tom Schmidlin