Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Seattle  (Read 8572 times)

Offline james

• Brewer
Re: Seattle
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2014, 09:35:17 am »
Thanks, I'll be fine.

Come on Tom, just one more.   I'll buy it.

Cheers!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2014, 09:52:30 am »
Thanks, I'll be fine.

Cheers!
Ha!  See you in GR?
Tom Schmidlin

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2014, 10:11:03 am »
Thanks, I'll be fine.

Cheers!
Ha!  See you in GR?

Oh yeah.  I still have to book my flight, but it would be a lot easier if it wasn't the last week of school.

I'm going to try to get in to Detroit between saturday and monday and spend some time visiting with friends and family before heading over to GR

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13:08 am »
Thanks, I'll be fine.

Cheers!
Ha!  See you in GR?

Oh yeah.  I still have to book my flight, but it would be a lot easier if it wasn't the last week of school.

I'm going to try to get in to Detroit between saturday and monday and spend some time visiting with friends and family before heading over to GR
Cool, see you there if not sooner.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline james

• Brewer
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 01:16:44 pm »
Thanks, I'll be fine.

Cheers!
Ha!  See you in GR?

Cool, see you there if not sooner.

Just booked flights this morning.  I'm coming out sunday the 8th, family comes out the 14th and we all head back the 23rd.  Will definitely be in GR either tue or wed

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 10:22:18 am »
The BAD news is I'll be out of town and will miss my club's Big Brew next weekend.  :-(

The GOOD news is I will be in Seattle for a few days!  :-)

My wife and I are flying in Thursday afternoon and flying home Sunday morning.  She'll be attending a conference during the day on Friday and Saturday.  So, I'll be free to explore both days!  ;-)

We are staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Seattle Airport next to the SeaTac Airport.  I don't think I'll be renting a car, unless absolutely necessary. 

With that being said, what good breweries or bars are there that are easily accessible by mass transit from where I'm staying?  Also, are there any Big Brew events I could get to without a car?
Scott B

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 11:28:36 am »
Transit is great out of seatac. You should have no problem getting around.

If I were you, I would catch the light rail from Seatac airport to downtown (Westlake Station), and then catch the rapidride D line up to Ballard (15th Ave NW and NW Market Street). You are now in the center of the Seattle beer scene. It should be 5-6 bucks each way for bus fare.

I think Sound brewing in SODO does a big brew on Saturday, which should be reasonably easy to get to.

If you want to go a bit further out of the way, I know my club is doing a Big Brew at 192 Brewing Company in Kenmore. Just catch the light rail to china town station, and catch the 522 up top to the Kenmore Park and Ride. We will be across the street in the large beer garden.

If you are headed either place, I am in the area and wouldn't mind meeting up and showing you around (There are like 4-5 new breweries in Ballard I haven't had yet).

Offline dcb

• Assistant Brewer
  • Num, me vexo?
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 08:10:23 am »
A couple of (maybe) helpful links:

Elysian is a local brewery that's getting bigger.  I quite like their beers, though they're getting to be a bit corporate.  They're opening a new place downtown that should be easy for you to get to:'

http://www.seattlemag.com/10-things-know-about-elysian-bar-opening-downtown-next-week

You'll see a few more links at the bottom of that page.  As mentioned above, there are a couple of nice hubs available.  One is Georgetown/SODO (which meant SOuth of the DOme back when we still had the Kingdome), which is closer to you but not as walkable.  If you can make it up to Ballard, you'll be in heaven with lots of places in easy walking distance.

And post what your plans are here.  You never know who might come out and join you for a pint.

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2014, 09:31:49 am »
Thanks!  I will have to review all of this and study a map to see what I can do.   I will definitely post my plans.  I would love to meet up with some of you folks! 
Scott B

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2014, 07:59:42 pm »
My wife and I are getting into Seattle at around 10am Thursday morning.  We should have the entire afternoon to do some exploring downtown Seattle together.  We'll probably do the Space Needle first, to get it over with.  :-)

However Friday and Saturday my wife will be in meetings all day, so I'll be exploring all by myself.  On Friday, I think I'll take the transit up to Ballard, as garc_mall suggested.  If anyone doesn't have to work and would like to join me, that would be cool. 

On Saturday, I'd love to find a Big Brew, but I'm not sure which would be the easiest to find.  I could just end up back in Ballard, as I'm sure I won't hit all the breweries in one day.  :-P
Scott B

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 09:07:01 am »
If you want to do the Space Needle, do some of the rest of Seattle Center while you are there (EMP/SFM, Science Center). Take the light rail into the Westlake stop, and take the monorail from westlake center to Seattle Center. Good shopping in Westlake, and across the street the Yard House is supposed to have a good selection of beer.

If you want to meet somewhere in Ballard on Friday, we can meet wherever, and I can show you around. I am currently unemployed, so I am always looking for an excuse to get out of the house.

Regarding Big Brew, there are a bunch of breweries/homebrew shops that run them, so you could ask around while you are in Ballard, and I am sure someone will know who is running one nearby.

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 09:43:31 am »
If you want to do the Space Needle, do some of the rest of Seattle Center while you are there (EMP/SFM, Science Center). Take the light rail into the Westlake stop, and take the monorail from westlake center to Seattle Center. Good shopping in Westlake, and across the street the Yard House is supposed to have a good selection of beer.

If you want to meet somewhere in Ballard on Friday, we can meet wherever, and I can show you around. I am currently unemployed, so I am always looking for an excuse to get out of the house.

Regarding Big Brew, there are a bunch of breweries/homebrew shops that run them, so you could ask around while you are in Ballard, and I am sure someone will know who is running one nearby.
Excellent!  I'll meet up with you on Friday, then!
Scott B

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 03:16:58 am »
These are the only breweries I can find in the Ballard area that are open early on Friday.  Everywhere else I looked opens at 4:00 or later.

Maritime Pacific Brewing Company and the Jolly Roger Taproom
1111 N.W. Ballard Way, Seattle,WA 98107
Fri-Sat 11:00 am - Midnight

Hale's Brewery & Pub
4301 Leary Way Northwest, Seattle, WA
Friday 11AM-10PM

Fremont Brewing & Urban Beer Garden
3409 Woodland Park Avenue North, Seattle
11am to 9pm everyday

Can anyone suggest which of the 3 are the best or know of others in the area that open early?
Scott B

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 09:19:51 am »
These are the only breweries I can find in the Ballard area that are open early on Friday.  Everywhere else I looked opens at 4:00 or later.

Maritime Pacific Brewing Company and the Jolly Roger Taproom
1111 N.W. Ballard Way, Seattle,WA 98107
Fri-Sat 11:00 am - Midnight

Hale's Brewery & Pub
4301 Leary Way Northwest, Seattle, WA
Friday 11AM-10PM

Fremont Brewing & Urban Beer Garden
3409 Woodland Park Avenue North, Seattle
11am to 9pm everyday

Can anyone suggest which of the 3 are the best or know of others in the area that open early?

Current locals can jump in, but I would start at Fremont, as there is other interesting stuff right there. Hales is in a more industrial area, but you could do a crawl of all three by bus.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline FirstStateBrewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • Delaware
    • First State Brewers
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »
I spoke with Rob from the Impaling Aler's Homebrew Club and plan to visit their Big Brew event.   ;D
Scott B