Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: strawberry milk chocolate stout  (Read 4666 times)

Offline sambates

• Cellarman
Re: strawberry milk chocolate stouts
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:42 pm »
I would personally attempt to add another 3-5lbs of fresh strawberries in the secondary. As some have said, I too have found the best results in using fruit during the secondary after transferring off the yeast cake. If the fresh fruit fails then buy a strawberry purée from your LHBS or nortwrhn brewer and add half to start at kegging/bottling. If that fails, then you can use extract. I wouldn't suggest it, but do what you think would result in the desired product you're after.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 08:48:00 pm by sambates »
Tap: Brandy Barrel Sour, Brett IPA, Tart Cherry Berliner, Sour Coffee Porter, Witbier, Helles Bock, Helles Bock Braggot, Strawberry "Nebraskambic," Raspberry Flanders
Secondary: OatRye Blonde, Plout Sour, Blueberry Ginger Sour
Primary:Belgian Dark Strong, Scottish Wee Heavy, American Session Wild Ale, Brandy Barrel "Lincolnambic"

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
Re: strawberry milk chocolate stout
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 12:43:06 pm »
How about finding an all natural version of the prefrozen Strawberries in Heavy Syrup at a food store?  That stuff tends to have almost overripe strawberries in it and you always get a good strawberry flavor out of it.  Also i find adding sugar to strawberrries gets themt o exude their flavor, which has already been done in these products.

2cents,
Jeff
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!