Author Topic: Brewer Bio - Jim Dabler  (Read 767 times)

Offline jimdabler

• 1st Kit
  • Great Pyr Brewery
    • View Profile
Brewer Bio - Jim Dabler
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:30:15 PM »
Who Are You (please include a picture): Jim Dabler
Home Town (City, State):  Florissant, MO
Homebrew Club:  Don't have one yet - can't find one in my immediate area.
I've been a homebrewer since:  February, 2013
Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share?  Nothing too disastrous.  Except for my mash temp being way too high on the current batch I have fermenting I haven't screwed up too terribly bad yet.  (knocks on wood)
What is your favorite style(s) to brew?  My favorite styles are a Belgian White and a Chocolate Coffee Stout.
What style(s) will you never brew?  Not sure I there is anything I won't brew.  There may be things I never brew again but I haven't found those yet...
What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out?  First beer I brewed was an Amber Ale from a kit.  Didn't turn out too bad.  Folks I gave it to liked it pretty much.
Have you ever had a homebrew mistake that turned out great?  I'm hoping the Belgian White in the fermenter turns out.
What is your favorite beer recipe?  My favorite is my Chocolate Coffee Stout.  My wife loves the Belgian White.
Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging?  No
Do you have a good beer judging story you'd like to share with the rest of the homebrewing world?  No
Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc?  Not yet
Describe your brew system.  Simple mash/lauter tun, 8 gallon "turkey fryer" with burner.
How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)?  current brew rate is 6 timer / year
What is your favorite malt?  Why?  Haven't done a ton of brewing but I'm liking 2-row and Maris Otter.
What is your favorite hop? Why?
Do you have a favorite or house yeast? What qualities do you like about that yeast?
Do you have a good homebrew club story you'd like to share?  No
What haven't we asked that you would really like to answer?
If you could serve your homebrew to someone famous, who would it be and what would you give her/him?
Can you send a picture or two of some labels you've created for your homebrew?  haven't created labels yet.  that is in the works
What's the most unusual ingredient you've ever used in a brew?  Coriander  (Probably not the most unusual ingredient)
Do you have any pets or kids named after beer styles or ingredients?  No - but I named  my "brewery" after my dog's breed - Great Pyr Brewery
How many medals have you won from homebrew competitions?  haven't entered a competition yet
Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with?  Usually brew alone, unless one of my kids is home and wants to help
Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer?  Outdoors
List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite?  Don't have names yet - still only referring to them by style.  Working on the names
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most...

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
Re: Brewer Bio - Jim Dabler
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »
Welcome Jim !  There's plenty of great help and advice here. Don't be afraid to ask for it. Cheers !
Jon H.

Offline flbrewer

• Senior Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 03:50:33 PM »
Welcome indeed.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline dls5492

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 04:41:25 PM »
Hello, Jim. Thanks for sharing your bio!
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Offline theDarkSide

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Derry, NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 05:46:44 AM »
Sergeant - BNArmy CLUB Member
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo