Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BreweryBrew/Pub near Denver Airport or Aurora?  (Read 7152 times)

Offline aetoole

• 1st Kit
BreweryBrew/Pub near Denver Airport or Aurora?
« on: April 02, 2010, 08:36:29 pm »
Hi, I'll be traveling to the Denver area in mid-May for about 4 days . My main objective is to visit an ailing relative in nearby Aurora (approx 30 min from airport) but I would like to hit at least one Brewery/BrewPub while in that region and do some fresh tasting. There are many choices w/in an hour and hour and a half drive but I'm looking for a recommendation that is an easy drive (less than 40 min) from the airport or from Aurora. As much as I would like to visit New Belgium Brewery, it is an hour an a half from either Denver or Aurora and that's not really realistic for my situation. Can anyone suggest a really excellent pit stop w/ a fine selection of local brews either from the airport to Aurora or from Aurora, CO to the Brewery? Cheers, ET

Offline wayne1

• Cellarman
Re: BreweryBrew/Pub near Denver Airport or Aurora?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 05:59:58 pm »
The only brewery I am aware of in Aurora is Dry Dock Brewing

Offline aetoole

• 1st Kit
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:44:54 am »
Thanks so much! They seem like a great little brewery. I was starting to get bummed thinking I woud not get to visit any brewery will out in CO.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:32:47 pm »
The New Belgium Cafe is located at the end of the B terminal at DIA.  Fortunately for me, I am always flying out on a puddle jumper at the same location. :D

Offline herojh

• 1st Kit
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 03:44:21 pm »
Hi there.  Yeah, I'll echo Dry Dock Brewing, that's great.  Also, regarding Denver Intl Airport, I wrote this a while back on a post on beer advocate, summarizing what's available in the airport.

Denver International Airport (DEN)

First, the best thing is once you are through security, you can access ANY terminal. So even if you are on a layover switching planes, you can travel to terminal A B and C and do some great beer tasting.

Main Terminal (which is before security, so you can have a drink with whoever is dropping you off or picking you up.
--- Boulder Beer Tap House (new)
--- Red Rocks Bar is nice too, some good selections.

Concourse A
---***Most notably has the new "Chop House & Brewery"  http://www.chophouse.com/  Great food, and great atmosphere, you forget you're in an airport. I really enjoyed all of their beers, you can do tasters there too. I got there early for a flight and had a full 6 tasters, a prime rib and then a pint of the beer I liked the best. Nice time.
--- Then there are plenty other restaurants and bars there, all of which have a decent selection of beer.

Concourse B
---Has the "New Belgium Hub".

Concourse C
-- Has a Rock Bottom Brewery and Restaurant

And again, all of the other bars there seem to have at least some kind of selection.

Offline mtngoat

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 04:47:37 pm »
+2 on Dry Dock

If you wanted to head Downtown there is Great Divide Brewery and Wynkoop

For the best beer selection in Denver visit Falling Rock Tap Room.
(if you go let me know and I could meet you for one or six)

Brian

Offline aetoole

• 1st Kit
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 10:25:05 am »
Wow, thanks everyone! I'll definitely be visiting Dry Dock since it's right in Aurora and hopefully have time before departure to drop in on one of the recommended pubs for a sampling (or two). So wish I had time to also go into Denver and visit Fallin Rock--always willing to meet up with a local for the inside scoop on what's best on tap... But, since I'm visiting a sick family member w/ limited energy, I must control my self! Cheers, ET

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:39 pm »
+100 on hitting Great Divide if you're downtown.  Small, friendly tours in the middle of everything, and lots of samples.