Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Big Brew Day  (Read 1171 times)

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
Big Brew Day
« on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:18 pm »
We got ten brewers together on Big Brew Day saturday and brewed a combined 70gal.  Three clubs were represented, it was a great time.  We had a few party crashers, you know a party is going well when people crash your party.

Anyone else participate?
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
Re: Big Brew Day
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 03:16:56 pm »
I usually hold a big event, but this year I just didn't have the energy.  But a friend and I got together and each brewed.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 04:11:07 pm »
We had our brew day at the local homebrew shop.  It was fun, but the weather was not agreeing.  It was kind of cold, raining off and on, and pretty windy.  My canopy went on a little flight and broke... In the process spilling 6 gallons of 180F sparge water on someone's leg.  A big heavy tent also blew over during the event... I don't believe any beer was harmed... lol
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:32:34 am »
We had 4 of our club members brew in the parking lot of our host and LHBS, A&G Homebrew Supply in downtown Portsmouth, NH.  I had just flown back from Ireland the day before so there was no way I was going to haul all my stuff up there and brew, but I did go to help out.  The weather was perfect, all four brewers did all-grain (2 were BIAB) and afterwards we had a couple pints at Earth Eagle Brewings (same building and owner of the LHBS).

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 06:37:38 am »
Our club got together at a member's farm; we had 27 brewers brew 141 gallons of beer, 128 of which was a Belgian Quad that we're fermenting in bourbon barrels.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National