Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Miller Fortune  (Read 3866 times)

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
Re: Miller Fortune
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 11:58:48 am »
yeah it's suppose to be a 6% bourbon flavored beer that they wanted served out of whisky glasses instead of pint glasses...

Yeah, I wonder if it's bourbon or 'bourbon flavoring' . I would guess the latter looking at the source. Either way I hear it sucks.

It probably has a crap load of corn in it, so it's on its way to bourbon, right?

Yeah, kinda like brewing a Rauchbier and claiming it has Highland Scotch in it. Except that might taste better.    ;)
Jon H.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 03:24:35 pm »
yeah it's suppose to be a 6% bourbon flavored beer that they wanted served out of whisky glasses instead of pint glasses...

Yeah, I wonder if it's bourbon or 'bourbon flavoring' . I would guess the latter looking at the source. Either way I hear it sucks.

It probably has a crap load of corn in it, so it's on its way to bourbon, right?

Crap load and corn are not descriptions I seek out in beer

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 09:41:07 pm »

Crap load and corn are not descriptions I seek out in beer

Could be worse - it could have a load of corn crap in it.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:09 pm »
Oh it could always be worse

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 10:08:05 pm »
When I go to the store for beer I find myself weighing my options in my hands. With $6.99 do I buy miller fortune, sierra, or boulevard. It's always a tough decision.

Sad thing is, in texas pbr is the same price as sierra or boulevard.

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:04 pm »
If fortune is "like" steel reserve, why not buy steel reserve? A 40 in a sack with a big gulp straw... oh ya. But fortune blended with sapphire might be da bomb. If that's not too 1995.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2014, 07:44:54 am »
I think PBR here is in the $5-6 range along with Lonestar or Busch and the like. If I can get a hold of Schlitz 1960's formula happiness ensues.

But I'm done buying commercial beer for general consumption. Especially flash in the pan beers like Fortune. Regardless, my preference is Schlitz High Gravity.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2014, 09:30:23 am »
I think PBR here is in the $5-6 range along with Lonestar or Busch and the like. If I can get a hold of Schlitz 1960's formula happiness ensues.

I seem to think there was a BYO issue not too long ago with old school American lager recipes.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing