General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

2014 Governing Committee Election results

(1/7) > >>

jkeeler:
Greetings everyone,

I hope this finds you with full carboys, and brew-days on the near horizon.

This year's AHA Governing Committee election saw a roughly 15% increase in voter turn out, with 1,636 ballots cast, totaling in 8,915 votes - about 5.5 votes cast per voter.  With 25 candidates running for 8 open seats, it was one of the most exiting elections to date.

From this, the following candidates we're voted into the 8 open seats on the 15 member GC:

Drew Beechum*| Pasadena, CA
    Martin Brungard | Carmel, IN
    Jeff Rankert | Milford, MI
    Aimee Richard | Philadelphia, PA
    Susan Ruud* | Harwood, ND
    Tom Schmidlin* | Redmond, WA
    Roxanne Westendord* | Cincinnati, OH
    Kim Wood | Greenwood, CA

*Returning Governing Committee member

I want to personally congratulate Drew, Roxanne, Tom and Susan on being re-elected, and welcome Aimee, Jeff, Martin and Kim to the GC.  Congratulations to you all, we have exiting work ahead of us!

To the other 17 candidates, thank you for running - the competition was close, and all candidates garnered healthy amounts of votes.  Your engagement, participation and membership is an inspiration to the AHA.

So, raise a glass of homebrew today to your returning and new GC'ers, to all those who ran, and to all who voted. 

Cheers!

Jake Keeler
Governing Committee Chair

More on the results: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/news/announcing-the-2014-aha-governing-committee/

HoosierBrew:
Congrats to all who got elected !  I'm sure all will do a great job.

davidgzach:
Congrats to all newly elected members.  Special congrats to Martin, Tom and Jeff whom I have corresponded with or met in person.  I'm sure you will do a great job.

Dave

theDarkSide:
Congrats to the winners.  Nice distribution across the country!

So now what do we need to do to get that beer from Drew that he promised everyone who voted for him? :)

bonjour:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on April 04, 2014, 11:45:09 AM ---Congrats to the winners.  Nice distribution across the country!

So now what do we need to do to get that beer from Drew that he promised everyone who voted for him? :)

--- End quote ---
Let me guess,

Meet Drew in San Diego June 11th 2014

like that is going to happen   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version