Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Spring Brewing Inspiration  (Read 3308 times)

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
Re: Spring Brewing Inspiration
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 03:16:55 am »
Give me a break, give me a break, give me a break now (cue Flea)

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 12:17:53 am »
This is Rainier.  From my flight home Saturday. :)

Tom Schmidlin

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2014, 08:38:06 pm »
Wow, Tom.  That's gorgeous!  I'm jealous! 

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2014, 09:56:11 pm »
This is Rainier.  From my flight home Saturday. :)

I had a similar view on Thursday. Changed planes at SEA on my way to the east coast. lot's a big pretty mountains up there.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2014, 01:12:54 am »
I love it.  I walked around it once about 15 years ago, it's a ~95 mile loop.  I'd really love to do it again.  I have no desire to summit, but I would do the Wonderland Trail every year if I could.
Tom Schmidlin

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2014, 10:59:57 pm »
I love it.  I walked around it once about 15 years ago, it's a ~95 mile loop.  I'd really love to do it again.  I have no desire to summit, but I would do the Wonderland Trail every year if I could.

How long does that hike typically take?  My buddies and I take a series of annual Manventures.  This year we're headed to the Wind River range in Wyoming.  The Wonderland Trail sounds promising! 

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 06:22:18 am »

How long does that hike typically take?  My buddies and I take a series of annual Manventures.  This year we're headed to the Wind River range in Wyoming.  The Wonderland Trail sounds promising!
The Wind River range is not well known but it has great scenery. We did a day hike on the west end where the Green river comes out of the lakes that was very scenic.

That was years back. We stayed in the little sleepy town of Pinedale, which had a little brewery.  A shale natural gas boom has turned it into a small city from what I read.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2014, 02:56:00 pm »

Sorry I missed this - it varies widely and has been done in under 24 hours, but I'm guessing you don't want to do that.  I took it slowly and did it in 10 or 11 nights.  Some days I had moved camp by noon and had nothing to do but soak in the sights.  You can do it in a week if you like, as long as you are reasonably fit.  I carried all my food, but you can send stuff to the rangers stations and pick it up along the way.
Tom Schmidlin