Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Fuller's Vintage Ale  (Read 1383 times)

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
Fuller's Vintage Ale
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »
I'm enjoying a bottle of the 2004 vintage, in honor of ten years in Illinois and my current job. There's still some hop presence and it's got nice carbonation. It's got a dry finish, with some honey and sherry notes and lots of malt character. I'm having it at cellar temp, on the advice of the tour guide at the brewery. I think colder would mask some flavor.

I'm going to have to buy this every year moving forward. I bought this at the brewery and they had a lot of different years available. Sad to say, it will be a while before I can visit there again.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
Re: Fuller's Vintage Ale
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:23:51 am »
Haven't had it in years but always a nice treat. I brew 5 gallons of a beer I call "Bruised Bare Knuckles" barley wine every year that I loosely based off my experience with that beer.

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:58:04 pm »
I'm enjoying a bottle of the 2004 vintage, in honor of ten years in Illinois .......

No offense, but such an anniversary would turn me towards 100 proof and Steel Reserve.  ;)

That snarky remark aside, I agree that the Vintage Ale is an incredible beverage.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:03:50 pm »
I'm enjoying a bottle of the 2004 vintage, in honor of ten years in Illinois .......

No offense, but such an anniversary would turn me towards 100 proof and Steel Reserve.  ;)

That snarky remark aside, I agree that the Vintage Ale is an incredible beverage.

Hey, I like my job, and corrupt politicians and harsh winters aside, Chicago is a great place to live  ;)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.