Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Beer Bread revisited  (Read 3937 times)

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
Re: Beer Bread revisited
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 12:09:15 pm »
Hey it's "Beer Bread revisited!" I don't see any hijacking going on... ;D
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2014, 08:02:00 pm »
Tried the Cooks Illustrated "Easy Sandwich Bread" that takes less than 2 hours. The author states optimistically 90 minutes start to finish. My experience was 105 minutes from hydrating the flour and ending with a baked loaf cooling on a rack.

Substituted beer for the water and skipped the honey and butter.

Turned out pretty good. Very much like the premium store-bought sandwich bread that comes in the bag. But better.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Simon

• 1st Kit
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 02:57:25 am »

Ah ha! This thread just gave me an idea on what to do with those two cans of megaswill left in the fridge from a recent family visit. Beer bread it is. Just poured out enough for the first loaf and letting it warm up/degas before I make bread with it.

I'm sure it will work out fine...