I Brewed the recipe in the June issue of Zymurgy with a twist from another article in Zymergy of march 2011. I used this recipe with a sour starter, using the Vienna grains for the recipe to start my starter. # days into the starter I measured a PH of 3.8, did my mash and brought the pre wort to a boil, cooled and pitched my starter, let it go 48 hours, had an aggressive fermentation, brewed the beer at this point(gravity is 1.062, awesome sour flavor) and pitched the bret and saison yeast with virtually no aggressive fermentation activity. After some consults, I think the easily converted sugars were consumed and just complex sugars remain for the bret to consume. Will rack this to the secondary, wine soaked oak chips and currents on Saturday, Will get a good taste and gravity then also. Hoping to get an awesome sour/Saison Modified beer. Will Update this post as things progress.