Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Commercial Kegerators  (Read 6061 times)

Offline trapae

• Brewer
Re: Commercial Kegerators
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 04:56:39 pm »
I have a bev air and like it.  It has the cooled tower so it is loudish but it is in the garage so it doesn't matter.  Of note, if it is humid the tower sweats a lot.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

S. cerevisiae

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2014, 11:29:53 am »
Thanks for sharing that information.  The kegerator would be going into a conditioned space; therefore, sweating would be less of a problem. Many of the homebrewed kegerator builds that I have seen use insulated copper pipe to keep the hoses cool in the tower.   I do not know effective this technique is or how much it cuts down on sweating, but it has to be better than doing nothing at all.

I have always kept my kegs in a standard refrigerator.  I use picnic taps, so that I can clean the keg and the tap at the same time.  My CO2 tank connects to the refrigerator via a bulkhead fitting and a ball-lock gas plug.  I have a gas manifold with shutoff valves inside of the refrigerator.  It's a simple setup that is easy to maintain.

With that said, can one store four ball-lock kegs in a BM23?  I am looking for additional cold conditioning space as much as I am looking for a kegerator. 

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
The cooled tower is a nice feature (there's an internal hose with a hook on the end that blows cold air, you can position it wherever you want).  To cut back on the sweating, you can insulate the tower.  I used rubatex insulation which I purchased from this place: http://www.acumetalfab.com/.

With that said, can one store four ball-lock kegs in a BM23?  I am looking for additional cold conditioning space as much as I am looking for a kegerator.

Yes, it will fit four ball-lock kegs if you don't store the CO2 tank inside.  I'm not sure if there is a punch out for running in the gas line if you plan to store the tank outside. You might want to call a supplier and check that out (I bet Micromatic would know).
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC