Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: BrewEasy  (Read 13494 times)

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
BrewEasy
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:25:08 pm »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:56:09 pm by FLbrewer »

Offline ajk

• Brewer
  • Foam Blowers of Indiana (FBI)
Re: BrewEasy
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:43:50 pm »
I get "page not found".

Offline flbrewer

• Brewmaster General
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »
Fixed sorry

Offline wedwards

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »
Definately a cool idea - still prefer my braumeister in terms of process. Would love to see how you get the spent grains out of the top part when it's that high, unless I've misread how it's meant to work. It's hard enough getting a 10 gallon mash out of braumeister and it's only half that height I think. Anyone actually used one before?

Offline ajk

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 05:36:42 am »
John Blichmann lives not far from Indianapolis, and my LHBS often has his wares on display. I'll take a look the next time I'm in there (should be later this week), and if they have it, report back with details.

Offline ajk

• Brewer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 06:25:23 am »

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 06:51:16 am »
Huh. At the 2012 NHC I randomly ended up hanging out with the Blichmann guys for all of Friday. They picked my brain for market research, took me to dinner, and we all roamed around Club Night together.

When they asked why I didn't own more Blichmann products (I only have the Beer Gun), I told them that I lived in an apartment and they didn't have any compact brewing systems for someone with my space requirements. I told them that it needed to roll away into a closet and be able to brew on a tiny deck if it was propane. Looks like they certainly delivered!  ;D
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 06:56:36 am »
I am a big fan of the quality of Blichmann products.  I own 2 30g kettles, saving for a 55g kettle, a therminator and the beergun.  Their items are well made with quality craftsmanship.  That being said this items are VERY expensive compared to other things on the market.   If you have the extra cash and want something Shiny and ready to go, this will be for you.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Offline Gus_13

• 1st Kit
    • Mason-Dixon Brew Crew
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 02:54:37 pm »
Definately a cool idea - still prefer my braumeister in terms of process. Would love to see how you get the spent grains out of the top part when it's that high, unless I've misread how it's meant to work. It's hard enough getting a 10 gallon mash out of braumeister and it's only half that height I think. Anyone actually used one before?

I believe you can just lift it right off.  Maybe scoop out some of the grain first if it's too heavy.  All in all it doesn't look to be too tall.  I've only seen pictures and haven't seen one in action yet.  But, I'm heavily considering going with this in the electric version when it's released. 
Brewer of Belgian-Style and Wild Beers

Santé!

Offline dzlater

• Brewmaster
  • Dan S. New Jersey
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 04:15:10 pm »
I'm currently looking for a used car in that price range.
 :)
Dan S. from NJ

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2014, 08:07:15 pm »
 ;D

+1
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 04:55:40 am »
I wish they would give you more info about this system. It says it is like a BIAB system. So does that mean it is "no sparge"? Does that mean you can not vorlauf? I like the built in RIMS - does that mean there is a coil in the BK? And then I assume that can be used as an IC during cooling?

Offline Jeff M

• Brewmaster
  • Currently upgrading to Brewery 3.0
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 05:04:11 am »
I wish they would give you more info about this system. It says it is like a BIAB system. So does that mean it is "no sparge"? Does that mean you can not vorlauf? I like the built in RIMS - does that mean there is a coil in the BK? And then I assume that can be used as an IC during cooling?

If it does have a built in coil that BK is gonna be kinda sucky to clean.
Granite Coast Brewing Company.
Building a clone of The Electric Brewery to use as a pilot system for new recipes!

Online majorvices

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Polka. If its too loud you're too young.
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 06:19:01 am »

If it does have a built in coil that BK is gonna be kinda sucky to clean.

I'm assuming that the coil would not be built in. Shouldn't be a problem to clean. I'm also assuming that since you can RIMS you will also vorlauf. I'll also make the assumption that you should be able to do a batch sparge if you don't want to do a "no sparge" and even set up a fly sparge arm if you want without too much hassle.

Looking forward to checking out the system in GR this June.

Offline narcout

• Brewmaster General
  • Los Angeles, CA
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 01:48:45 pm »
There's more info in the owner's manual which you can download from their website.
Sometimes you just can't get enough - JAMC