Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: brew nanny  (Read 4402 times)

Offline duboman

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: brew nanny
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 02:55:58 pm »
I saw this too and laughed, if it blows clean off from over active fermentation does it text you and say "get home you've got a mess to clean up"?
Peace....Love......Beer......

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the craft of beer since 2010

Offline Hobbymaker

• 1st Kit
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »
SCAM ALERT!!!!
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

I have an order from Oct 2014 have yet to receive it or receive a response from them. They do not give a phone number or physical address in which to contact, leaving only emails which are roundly ignored. BYO Magazine will not accept any new advertising from them.

Offline wingnut

• Brewer
  • Plainwell MI
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2015, 08:42:24 pm »
I ordered a brew bug when it came out.  performs the same function, great to work with.. and a year later..still doing great.

the company has continued to upgrade their system ... and I love it.

It is kind of nice to  call up the gravity and lunch....and know that you need to start the Drest when you get home... or be out on an all day fishing trip and see from the trend that the beer has started active fermentation.

At 250... it is still a toy that is NOT needed.  mills, fridge, kegs are all on the list long before this...but after you have all those gadgets...what the heck... :D
-- Wingnut - Cheers!

Offline sisenberg

• 1st Kit
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:18 am »
This is a scam. I ignored all the warning signs and did it anyway.  (did not see this post) I am a techno-geek and thought it was just too cool. After I signed up to his "let me know when it's available link" I get an email that someone canceled and I can have theirs. I ask questions, look at the website and google for reviews (there are none). I buy it anyway. I know.

After a week I sent an email and am told that mine has just been completed and is in testing. All follow ups after that were ignored. Just filed my claim with Paypal.  (someone there also let it slip they do not allow him to sell through them anymore)

If you register to see the forum, there have not been any posts in months, except for one asking for a refund, and that one's probably gone by now.
Anyway, in case anyone else wanted to consider, just wanted to put out there