Author Topic: Brewer Bio - Rashid “Semenych” Abdulvalyiev  (Read 911 times)

Offline semenych

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Semen Semenych
Brewer Bio - Rashid “Semenych” Abdulvalyiev
« on: April 27, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »
I'm at the beginning of an exciting way and I will be glad to learn something new

In this photograph probably the first book for homebrewers translated into russian language
HOW TO BREW:
everything you need to know to brew beer right the first time John J.Palmer
© by John J.Palmer

excuse my bad english

Who Are You:  Rashid “Semenych” Abdulvalyiev

Home Town (City, State): Republic of Kazakhstan, Almaty

Homebrew Club: Don't have one yet - can't find one in my immediate area

I've been a homebrewer since: December 2012

Do you have a homebrewing disaster you'd like to share? Smashed a bottle of beer 3 halon.

What is your favorite style(s) to brew? Has not yet found his favorite

What style(s) will you never brew? Need to try all

What was the first beer you ever brewed?  How did it turn out? Coopers Red Ale from a kit. Didn't turn out too bad.

What is your favorite beer recipe? Ginger white

Are you a BJCP Judge?  If so, what is your rank and how long have you been judging? No

Do you have a good beer judging story you'd like to share with the rest of the homebrewing world? No

Do you have a favorite homebrew trick or gadget that you've found to make your beer better/brewing easier, etc? In the summer we have hot, I was glad when I found this document Son of fermentation chiller

Describe your brew system. Cooler 8 gallon, pot 6.6 gallon

How frequently do you brew (times/month or /year)? 1-2 times a month, 5-8 gallon in total month, get to brew an experiment more often

What is your favorite malt?  Why? Have not tried all

What is your favorite hop? Why? Have not tried all. Like Saaz, Cascade, Chinook, Amarillo

Do you have a favorite or house yeast? What qualities do you like about that yeast? Yeast depends on beer

Do you have a good homebrew club story you'd like to share? No

What haven't we asked that you would really like to answer? No

Can you send a picture or two of some labels you've created for your homebrew?

Yeti Clone Ver 2.0

What's the most unusual ingredient you've ever used in a brew? Pumpkin, probably not the most unusual ingredient.

Do you have any pets or kids named after beer styles or ingredients? No  :D

How many medals have you won from homebrew competitions? No  :-\ Haven't entered a competition yet

Do you brew alone, with friends or with someone you live with? Usually brew alone, unless one of my kids is home and wants to help

Are you an indoor or outdoor brewer? Indoor

List some of the names you've given your beers. Which is your favorite? Sun in a glass (Ginger white)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:19:06 AM by semenych »

Offline semenych

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Semen Semenych
Re: Brewer Bio - Rashid “Semenych” Abdulvalyiev
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 09:24:16 AM »

Expect that I will drink poison at the bar - not logical

Online Steve in TX

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
Welcome. I dig those stubby longneck bottles you used for your pumpkin ale. Are those pretty standard over there?

Online HoosierBrew

• Official Poobah of No Life.
  • Indianapolis,IN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:36:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum !
Jon H.

Offline semenych

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Semen Semenych
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 09:40:57 AM »
I dig those stubby longneck bottles you used for your pumpkin ale. Are those pretty standard over there?
These bottles are often found, in them disgusting bottled wheat beer. There are green and brown.

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • View Profile
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 09:49:25 AM »
Welcome!
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

Offline dls5492

• Assistant Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
I enjoyed reading your bio, and your labels!
Welcome.
And the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. II Cor. 3:17
CRAZE

Offline Alewyfe

• Brewer
  • Fighting for Truth, Justice & Home Brew
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 11:21:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. I know you will get a lot of good information here.

Beer has always been a popular beverage, but do you see an increase in it's popularity there and a greater awareness of the better "craft" brewed beers?  Do you know many other Kazaks that home brew?
Where do you buy most of your supplies? Are you able to get many imported beers from the U.S.? If so, what have been your favorites so far?

Look forward to seeing your posts on the forum and welcome to a really great hobby.
Cheers, (Na zdorovia?)
Diane
Diane
Roseburg, Oregon
Member: Umpqua Valley Brewers Guild
             Cascade Brewers Society
             AHA

"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it" ~Salvador Dali

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional!"

Online hopfenundmalz

• Milford, MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 11:34:06 AM »
The last time I talked to John Palmer he said the book was going to be translated to other languages. Glade to see you are a proud owner of the Russian translation. Welcome to the forum.
Jeff Rankert
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild, AHA Member, BJCP Certified
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • View Profile
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »
Welcome!
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

Offline klickitat jim

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:17:55 PM »
Welcome ! And your english is great. Better than most Americans

Offline semenych

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Semen Semenych
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 09:00:56 PM »
Beer has always been a popular beverage, but do you see an increase in it's popularity there and a greater awareness of the better "craft" brewed beers? 
Beer is not popular in our country. Good beer is expensive, many prefer cheap vodka.  :-\
Thank you Discovery Channel for Brew Masters is a television series.
Thank you that there is an internet and forums where people with similar interests communicate. This is the main source of knowledge

Do you know many other Kazaks that home brew?
2-3 people who brew beer from kits coopers, 1-2 times a year
1 person that brews one once a month all grain
It is very small

Where do you buy most of your supplies?
We have no specialty stores for home brewers, where you can buy an ounce of hops or a few pounds of malt. This is probably the main reason for low popularity of home brewing.
I know two of the company where you can buy for cash bag malt (50 kilograms / 110 lbs), the packet hops (5 kilograms / 11 lbs) or a pack of dry yeast (500 grams / 1.1 lbs).
I know what to do with 50 kilograms Pils or wheat malt, but why me 50 kilograms to Munich malt or why I 5 kilograms Saaz hops?  :'(
Base malts bought these firms, hops and yeast EBay

Are you able to get many imported beers from the U.S.? If so, what have been your favorites so far?
American beer? Budweiser in many stores, it's probably not the best.
Had a chance to try the IPA Sierra Nevada, Samuel Adams Boston Lager, American Dark Lager Coors Brewing. IPA probably best that tried.
My dream is to try 120 Minute IPA and Punkin Ale from Dogfish Head
The motto of Dogfish Head "off-centered stuff for off-centered people" this is the essence of home (craft) brewing.

Offline dkfick

• Brewmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2014, 06:59:02 AM »
I always find the brewing experiences of those in other parts of the world very interesting.  I'm not sure I would have taken up the hobby if the ingredients were hard to get and/or possibly sub par.  I commend your fortitude.  Welcome to the forums. 
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline Alewyfe

• Brewer
  • Fighting for Truth, Justice & Home Brew
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2014, 10:34:57 AM »
We moved to rural Oregon from Mpls. I felt like I was challenged here getting brew supplies initially, but at least the stuff was available easily by mail. I too commend you for overcoming that obstacle and pursuing home brewing. I hope you continue to find the hobby rewarding and enjoyable. Perhaps you can discuss brewing with specialty grains with the other people that you know that brew. Then you may be able to take advantage of the increased number of users to split some supply purchases. Also, if you have any small brewers or brew pubs locally, they may be willing to sell you small amounts of ingredients. Here in the U.S., small professional brewers are some of the biggest supporters of the home brewers and are almost always ready to help with supplies or advice.   
Diane
Roseburg, Oregon
Member: Umpqua Valley Brewers Guild
             Cascade Brewers Society
             AHA

"Have no fear of perfection...you'll never reach it" ~Salvador Dali

"Growing old is mandatory. Growing up? Definitely optional!"

Offline semenych

• 1st Kit
    • View Profile
    • Semen Semenych
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 07:34:08 PM »
We moved to rural Oregon from Mpls. I felt like I was challenged here getting brew supplies initially, but at least the stuff was available easily by mail. I too commend you for overcoming that obstacle and pursuing home brewing. I hope you continue to find the hobby rewarding and enjoyable. Perhaps you can discuss brewing with specialty grains with the other people that you know that brew. Then you may be able to take advantage of the increased number of users to split some supply purchases. Also, if you have any small brewers or brew pubs locally, they may be willing to sell you small amounts of ingredients. Here in the U.S., small professional brewers are some of the biggest supporters of the home brewers and are almost always ready to help with supplies or advice.
With a person who brews beer we share purchase. There are two people who brew moonshine, they share with us the purchase of malt.
I think that people who brew moonshine join brewing.
There is a small pub where beer is brewed, the head brewer is good, it helps in the purchase of malt and hops.
We cooked together beer in this brewery, it was fine. Bad that before him 300 miles and we can not meet often.