Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2014 NHC Seminars Posted  (Read 3675 times)

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: 2014 NHC Seminars Posted
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 06:40:48 am »
Okay... so I lied about the time saving thing. I went ahead and added comments to the original file so I wouldn't have to click back and forth. Includes full descriptions and speaker names.

Should be able to download it from here and see all of the comments:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-LTsieC1oCLXVvcklCd3ZZVmM/edit?usp=sharing
nice, yeah I mostly threw it in the blocks to make scheduling easier.  This is pretty handy though so you don't have to keep referring to the website.  Thanks.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline AmandaK

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Redbird Brewhouse
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 06:44:32 am »
Okay... so I lied about the time saving thing. I went ahead and added comments to the original file so I wouldn't have to click back and forth. Includes full descriptions and speaker names.

Should be able to download it from here and see all of the comments:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8-LTsieC1oCLXVvcklCd3ZZVmM/edit?usp=sharing
nice, yeah I mostly threw it in the blocks to make scheduling easier.  This is pretty handy though so you don't have to keep referring to the website.  Thanks.

The blocks were great, doubt I would have attempted it if the framework wasn't there! Quick copy/paste job for me.  8)
Amanda Burkemper
KC Bier Meisters Lifetime Member - KCBM 3x AHA Club of the Year!!
BJCP Assistant (to the) Midwest Rep
BJCP Grand Master/Mead/Cider

Our Homebrewed Wedding, AHA Article

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 09:23:20 am »
...and the planning begins... On a side note I always hate that format... I wish it was better laid out in blocks... I always end up putting all the info into a spreadsheet to make my decision making easier...

there's a guy who has done this, and posted it on The Brewing Network forums. 

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 09:24:35 am »
Don't miss the comedy stylings of Drew and Denny!  Live on stage, a blind triangle tasting!  :)
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2014, 09:26:27 am »
Don't miss the comedy stylings of Drew and Denny!  Live on stage, a blind triangle tasting!  :)

Of course Denny, but was hoping to get you two to sign the book.  I guess next year.........

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2014, 10:31:51 am »
hey, are there any legal limitations on serving samples during seminars this year?

Such as not before a certain time of the day ala Philly?  Or perhaps certain commercial beverages not allowed if not distributed in MI, that sort of thing?

...just trying to make a fully informed decision on where I spend my time.   8)

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:53 am »
hey, are there any legal limitations on serving samples during seminars this year?

Such as not before a certain time of the day ala Philly?  Or perhaps certain commercial beverages not allowed if not distributed in MI, that sort of thing?

I know that Moonlight Meadery is not allowed to serve their Sour Mead because of distribution laws.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline denny

• Administrator
  • Retired with too much time on my hands
  • Noti OR [1991.4, 287.6deg] AR
    • Dennybrew
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2014, 10:50:21 am »

Sample will be limited to only a few seminar rooms.  Drew and I decided (too late) that we wanted to serve samples, but were told that our room was one that wouldn't be equipped for it.
Life begins at 60.....1.060, that is!

www.dennybrew.com

The best, sharpest, funniest, weirdest and most knowledgable minds in home brewing contribute on the AHA forum. - Alewyfe

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2014, 11:31:31 am »

I know that Moonlight Meadery is not allowed to serve their Sour Mead because of distribution laws.

PM me their room number and the secret knock when you figure it out, OK?!   ;D