Well I got my brew day done.
The big beer fell a few points short and only came up 1.102
that's hardly gonna get me drunk at all! pretty sure I just overshot my volumes and left a bit more in the kettle than I meant to. If I had boiled longer I would have hit my numbers I suspect. But it was a long enough day already and I wanted to get going on the boil for the small beer. I should perhaps acquire a second burner some day. I was impressed with the color contribution from 1.9 kg of coconut sugar.
Small beer was a bit of footloose and fancy free brew as it turned out. I got kumquats as my citrus, and I think that will be fine although I wish I'd had more judging by the gravity sample. hit it with a few grams of corriander and few of black pepper we well. This one I overshot my gravity by a bit.
finally got them both chilled down to 63 by 4:00 this morning and pitched appropriately large slurries into each (about 500ml thick slurry for the big beer and 200ml for the small).
As always hoping for the best!