Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: 2014 NHC forum meet up  (Read 12570 times)

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: 2014 NHC forum meet up
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 02:31:23 pm »
My suggestion is to skip new Glarus. Then you can stay longer. No worry I will give you a lager class. Not all of them are yellow and fuzzy. Some of them are brown and fuzzy :)

A fellow club member will be in Grand Rapids, and has threatened my life if I don't bring him some Belgian Red. 

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 03:28:42 pm »
You can buy Belgian red in grocery store. No need to drive to brewery. So you will be saved.

I think they have up to 4 beers in that line up. I am in the Liquer stores every week but do not pay too much attention to it.

Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2014, 03:32:29 pm »
We are actually spending the night in New Glarus.  Split the drive up a bit, then we have time take in the country side.  I've never been East of you in Wisconsin, and certainly never to Illinois or Michigan.

We won't be rushed at Lazy Monk.   

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »
All right then.

Be carefully in IL. I heard that those people there walk on their hands and us their feet to drive. :)

Actually southern WI is quite pretty. It has very strong connection to northern IL.

Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »
All right then.

Be carefully in IL. I heard that those people there walk on their hands and us their feet to drive. :)

Actually southern WI is quite pretty. It has very strong connection to northern IL.

There's another way to walk and drive?

I am from northern Illinois, and have lots of family in southern WI. It is indeed lovely, especially the driftless area. Central Illinois...well, it has its bright spots.
Kyle M.

Offline jeffy

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Tampa, Fl
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2014, 08:09:01 pm »
All right then.

I am from northern Illinois, and have lots of family in southern WI. It is indeed lovely, especially the driftless area. Central Illinois...well, it has its bright spots.

I had a very pleasant drive through the countryside from Milwaukee to New Glarus and back a few years ago.  I am jealous.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 08:34:29 pm »
Taking 31 down out of WI? More opportunity for pit stops, less cops than the toll road. Lucky Monk, maybe?  Not much else to the North for beer, the city, and south of have much more choice.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
The moral majority, is neither.

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 07:58:49 am »
All right then.

I had a very pleasant drive through the countryside from Milwaukee to New Glarus and back a few years ago.  I am jealous.

Y'know, it took me moving away from the area to realize just how beautiful it really is.

Hope you all have a good time at NHC! I don't think I will make it, even though I might be in Kalamazoo during it.
Kyle M.

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 01:26:28 pm »
I'll be going.  Last year I totally forgot about the meet up....alcohol may have been involved. :o
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 09:36:38 am »
Are we all gonna have name tags that say our online handle?  Many of us just use our name.  But many use something a bit more creative. 

LOL.

Maybe this could be a suggestion for the AHA or the organizing committee for future NHC's.  Actually have a room/time reserved for the all the forum users.  (and all the different forums)

Offline theDarkSide

• Derry, NH
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2014, 09:52:42 am »
Are we all gonna have name tags that say our online handle?  Many of us just use our name.  But many use something a bit more creative. 

LOL.

Maybe this could be a suggestion for the AHA or the organizing committee for future NHC's.  Actually have a room/time reserved for the all the forum users.  (and all the different forums)

Maybe for the last month before the conference, we can all post our pictures on our profiles so we will recognize everyone.  I'll start:

Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline beerocd

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2014, 08:37:17 pm »
That's dangerous putting your picture up like that,  next thing you know - you're tagged and everyone knows who you are.  Gotta stick with nicknames, like Mr Pink,  Mr White, Mr Blonde.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

The moral majority, is neither.

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2014, 12:34:18 pm »
"All Forums meet-up"
I heard next Friday at noon...
Room still TBD?

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2014, 12:44:25 pm »
We have a conference room with tables and chairs from 1115 - 1215 Friday.  I believe Grand Gallery A-D.

See you all there.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2014, 01:47:44 pm »
Sweet
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958