Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 5368 times)

Offline kramerog

• Brewmaster General
    • My LinkedIn page
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 08:59:49 am »

Details on coverage can be found on the West's Insurance website at http://westinsurance.com/homebrew-home.html.  Questions about the coverage should be directed to West's, as they are the experts on this program.

Actually, no details are found there and my request for coverage information from this past weekend has not been responded.

Offline bonjour

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Troy, MI, 37mi, 60.9deg AR
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 09:28:51 am »

Details on coverage can be found on the West's Insurance website at http://westinsurance.com/homebrew-home.html.  Questions about the coverage should be directed to West's, as they are the experts on this program.

Actually, no details are found there and my request for coverage information from this past weekend has not been responded.

Drew summed it up nicely
Every physical body that is part of the dues paying structure. (e.g. member or each person in a family member) is counted.
Modify message

Make an honest assessment based on this and you should be good.  If you don't have dues  a body count is needed, Note that typical attendance at a meeting is 40-60% of membership and will vary by club.
Fred Bonjour
Co-Chair Mashing in Michigan 2014 AHA Conference in Grand Rapids, Michigan
AHA Governing Committee; AHA Conference, Club Support & Web Subcommittees

Everything under 1.100 is a 'session' beer ;)

Offline reverseapachemaster

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
    • Brain Sparging on Brewing
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 10:20:23 am »
Make an honest assessment based on this and you should be good. 

That's not a great standard to set for acquiring insurance coverage designed to shield a club from what could be six or seven figures of damages.
Heck yeah I blog about homebrewing: Brain Sparging on Brewing