Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pete Coors doesn't get it  (Read 7911 times)

Offline pete b

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Barre, Ma
Re: Pete Coors doesn't get it
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 07:12:09 pm »
Let's face it, we all buy light beers from the main brands and they have a place in our beer economy.
No we don't, and they don't.  I know that what you're saying applies to many people, but I don't buy and drink their beers.  I doubt I'm alone.  It's not snobbery, I just genuinely don't prefer that kind of beer.  I think it is only suitable for 100+ degree days and drinking games, and since I live in the NW and I'm no longer in college . . .
I haven't bought one of these beers in many, many years because there has been better beer out there for that long. If I'm out somewhere and there's no good beer I'll have something else. I just don't want to support these mega corporations and their lousy products. Call me a snob but its the same reason I don't watch TV or buy factory raised meat, its just part of our culture I don't want any part of. That being said if I'm at someone's house and they offer me a budweiser or cook me a meal with meat I wouldn't personally buy I accept because its important to accept their generosity and not make them feel unappreciated. I only bring these issues up with someone who seems interested.
Don't let the bastards cheer you up.