Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Pete Coors doesn't get it  (Read 7999 times)

Offline David Lester

• Cellarman
Re: Pete Coors doesn't get it
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »
I laughed out loud when he talked about "premium light beer."  Is that like Perrier?

Truly funny. Premium?

Offline chumley

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:29 pm »
I think you all are being a little harsh on Pete.

The one area I think he is wrong, is his insistence on having bars provide taps for that miserable swill he sells called "Coors Light".

He should be telling them, instead, to put on tap his own favorite beer, "Coors Banquet Beer", aka Original Coors.

If my local establishment had that on tap, I probably would order that about 50% of the time over the usual blah   blah lineup of American craft beers. It tastes like beer, and goes great with a Maker's on the rocks.

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2014, 02:19:06 pm »
I found this interesting that they lost their volume because they lost tap handles. To my experience draught sales are the least profitable way to make sales.

Business runs on money not on volume.

Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline ranchovillabrew

• Brewer
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2014, 02:35:02 pm »
Msybe a matter of line of sight and pitcher sales?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

- Charles

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 05:43:38 pm »
Let's face it, we all buy light beers from the main brands and they have a place in our beer economy.
No we don't, and they don't.  I know that what you're saying applies to many people, but I don't buy and drink their beers.  I doubt I'm alone.  It's not snobbery, I just genuinely don't prefer that kind of beer.  I think it is only suitable for 100+ degree days and drinking games, and since I live in the NW and I'm no longer in college . . .
Tom Schmidlin

Offline HoosierBrew

• I must live here
  • Indianapolis,IN
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »
Let's face it, we all buy light beers from the main brands and they have a place in our beer economy.
No we don't, and they don't.  I know that what you're saying applies to many people, but I don't buy and drink their beers.  I doubt I'm alone.  It's not snobbery, I just genuinely don't prefer that kind of beer.  I think it is only suitable for 100+ degree days and drinking games, and since I live in the NW and I'm no longer in college . . .

+20.  I'm not a snob either. It's just that generations since Prohibition got conditioned to drinking dumbed down s*%t beer as the status quo, and now the tide is turning. Eventually quality wins. Much the same is happening now in the food world ,too. People are finally demanding to eat and drink better stuff. And FWIW, on 100F days I drink lighter beers - saison, pils, kolsch, etc.      ;)
Jon H.

Offline el_capitan

• Brewer
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 06:21:36 pm »

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 06:40:44 pm »
I drink big three beers when spending hours at a bar watching football. My teams are out of market so I can easily spend 6-7 hours at a bar some Sundays.

22oz coors light at hooters for $2.50. Sure I love good beer, but I am cheap too.

Offline jeffy

• Tampa, Fl
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 08:05:17 pm »
I drink big three beers when spending hours at a bar watching football. My teams are out of market so I can easily spend 6-7 hours at a bar some Sundays.

22oz coors light at hooters for $2.50. Sure I love good beer, but I am cheap too.

I am not that cheap and that's not why I would go to Hooters.
Jeff Gladish, Tampa (989.3, 175.1 Apparent Rennarian)
Homebrewing since 1990
AHA member since 1991, now a lifetime member
BJCP judge since 1995

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 08:13:34 pm »

I don't play beer pong, but would consider it if they used a nice cask conditioned brown.

Offline Stevie

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 08:25:11 pm »

I am not that cheap and that's not why I would go to Hooters.

The wings are ok too. Don't ruin this for me. I have her convinced that I go for the cheap beer and food.

Offline BrewingRover

• Brewmaster
  • Brewing in Flossmoor, IL
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 05:31:33 am »
I can state definitively that the last macro I had was an Old Style at Wrigley Field, and that's because the beer choices there are awful. Even Miller Park has good craft choices. And I brew a wit every spring for our lovely Midwest summers...
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2014, 07:57:14 am »
I actually like Coors. The regular Coors and the only deterrent for buying it is the price.

"Resistance is useless"
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline Jimmy K

• Delaware
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:14 am »
I'm going to point out that a
dumbed down s*%t beer
won the National Homebrew Competition last year.
Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline klickitat jim

• I must live here
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2014, 08:20:23 am »
There are numerous reasons to respect Light American Lagers, regardless of whether or not one likes them or drinks them.

I went from hating them and dissing them to trying to brew one to getting a decent score with one, and now I'm a much better brewer because of it. Well, that's part of what made me better anyway.