Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Hop contracts and obtaining hops  (Read 8257 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Hop contracts and obtaining hops
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2014, 10:30:46 am »
I'm finding most hops to be available on the secondary market for a bit of a premiuim price. I would have preferred to have gone the contract route earlier on in our process, but wasn't absolutely sure that we would get the brewery off the ground. Now that we're moving along at a much better pace, I'll start working on some contracts. For the time being we'll be using the secondary markets. We'll survive one way or another.
Ron Price

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 10:00:38 am »
I'm finding most hops to be available on the secondary market for a bit of a premiuim price. I would have preferred to have gone the contract route earlier on in our process, but wasn't absolutely sure that we would get the brewery off the ground. Now that we're moving along at a much better pace, I'll start working on some contracts. For the time being we'll be using the secondary markets. We'll survive one way or another.

Glad to hear things are moving ahead, Ron!  Congrats!
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 10:28:49 am »

Glad to hear things are moving ahead, Ron!  Congrats!
Thanks...and best of luck to you too!
Ron Price