Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Time for a New RIMS Thread!  (Read 4804 times)

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
Re: Time for a New RIMS Thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 03:05:49 pm »
Yep, I have the plans and working on some upgrades. I'd like to be able to adjust the pump velocity and flame from the control panel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dave Zach

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2014, 05:17:36 am »
David, sent you a pm response to your message. Sounds like it's starting to come together for you. Best of luck to you.
Ron Price

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2014, 09:29:53 am »
Guys, any feedback out there on BTUs?  I can convert a low pressure hurricane at 60k or buy a 10 to 44 jet natural gas burner to get supposedly 90k-200k.  I will need to get 20G going so need help here.....

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2014, 09:35:25 am »
Dave Zach

Offline wingnut

• Brewer
  • Plainwell MI
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2014, 08:53:08 am »
Looks Like you are planning on NG.  Just a word of caution... size your supply pipe accordingly.  My dryer has 1/2in pipe... if I run it 60ft to the garage, I would not be able to supply the gas flow to support the burners you are looking at.   I would have to run bigger pipe (3/4 or 1inch I guestimate, but there are tables online to figure out how many btu for length and pipe diameter).

Keep in mind you may be running two burners at the same time, so size the pipe for that. (So if two burner at 90,000 btu, you will need to supply enough gas for 180000 btu)

Good luck!
-- Wingnut - Cheers!

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:31 am »
Looks Like you are planning on NG.  Just a word of caution... size your supply pipe accordingly.  My dryer has 1/2in pipe... if I run it 60ft to the garage, I would not be able to supply the gas flow to support the burners you are looking at.   I would have to run bigger pipe (3/4 or 1inch I guestimate, but there are tables online to figure out how many btu for length and pipe diameter).

Keep in mind you may be running two burners at the same time, so size the pipe for that. (So if two burner at 90,000 btu, you will need to supply enough gas for 180000 btu)

Good luck!

Good point.  I took a look the other day and it looks like 1" pipe going to the dryer which is now electric.  It looks like I can re-route the pipe in the basement to the garage with relative ease, but I'm going to call in my plumber anyway.  We are getting a whole house generator soon so my gas meter will be upgraded as well.  I think I'm in good shape but we will see.

Dave
Dave Zach