General Category > Events

Was the Philly BNA really that bad?

(1/13) > >>

micsager:
We've been on a cycle to go to NHC one year, and GABF the next, and so on.....

So we were not in Philly last year.  But certainly bought tickets to the BNA party in GR.  There just doesn't seem to be as much "buzz" about the BNA in GR as there was in Seattle or San Diego.  And on the BN forums, folks are not too complimentary about the Philly BNA.  This year it "seems" to be much better, more room and such.  And with no Pro-Brewers night, and the move the BNA to Thursday, it all seems good to me. 

But, I've only been a part of this community for 5-6 years, a relative newbie.

Am I missing something? 

MDixon:
It was very disjointed and crowded and there were private beers for VIP and IIRC it was not clear they would be unavailable. There were three places for the regular Joes to get beer and over time the crowd cleared out. For awhile it was nearly impossible to wet the whistle. It was also hot has heck in some areas.

AmandaK:
BNA Seattle (two years ago) had a single food truck as they only food vendor. It was as bad as you could imagine it being.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: MDixon on May 10, 2014, 03:56:02 PM ---It was very disjointed and crowded and there were private beers for VIP and IIRC it was not clear they would be unavailable. There were three places for the regular Joes to get beer and over time the crowd cleared out. For awhile it was nearly impossible to wet the whistle. It was also hot has heck in some areas.

--- End quote ---
You forgot to mention the high noise level. Real high. We left fairly early, and the bus was full.

This years venue will be in a minor league ball park parking lot. The MI Brewers Guild holds the winter fest there. The VIP area will probably be in the Stadium Club, that's where the beer fest has the VIP area. Hopefully BN has similar food venders lined up. Oh, the winter beer fest has about 7500 people including workers, so the venue will hold the BN party.

My favorites were SD and Minneapolis, followed by Seattle, then Philly.

denny:
I've been to several of the BNA events.  While I appreciate them putting them on, I've found them all to be too crowded and noisy for my liking.  The VIP thing was kinda the last straw for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version