Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Can you bottle in canning jars?  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Jimmy K

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Delaware
Re: Can you bottle in canning jars?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2014, 10:22:03 pm »
I think you could use a regular soda bottle and buy the threaded caps for those amber plastic beer bottles. I think they are the same threads. Check that first though.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Delmarva United Homebrewers - President by inverse coup - former president ousted himself.
AHA Member since 2006
BJCP Certified: B0958

Offline Stevie

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 03:45:08 am »
Some do, some don't. I may have used them in the past to bring vodka place where it is generally not allowed.

Offline rodmanxxx

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 07:20:01 am »
I had 2 of 4 packages mysteriously 'disappear' last winter. Thinking that they got confiscated by customs as you are not supposed to ship alcohol across the border, I am trying to come up with a different packaging. Root beer sounds good.
It's all fun and games until somebody loses a liver.

Offline dkfick

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2014, 07:24:01 am »
I had 2 of 4 packages mysteriously 'disappear' last winter. Thinking that they got confiscated by customs as you are not supposed to ship alcohol across the border, I am trying to come up with a different packaging. Root beer sounds good.
could have been due to broken bottles.  Then they realize what it was and just don't ship it.  Plastic would help with that as well as it will take quite a beating to break a pop bottle open.
BJCP A0936 National Beer Judge and Mead Judge
Cicerone Certified Beer Server
AHA Member
CRAFT Homebrew Club
Sons of Liberty Homebrew Club
HBT "mors"

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2014, 10:05:21 am »

That's odd. I would want to know why it disappeared even if it wasn't allowed. You should have gotten some indication I would think. I've had beer and homemade meat goods shipped to me here in Canada without issue but maybe I got lucky. Good luck with the root beer approach.

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 01:03:28 am »
I have had beer freeze when shipping it in winter.  Then it thaws in the warehouse and makes a mess.  They have notified me, but thrown it away.
Tom Schmidlin