Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Rib World Tour  (Read 9423 times)

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
Re: Rib World Tour
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2010, 09:01:21 am »
I want to try some Korean Barbequed Beef Short Ribs. I really like the combination of flavors associated with this fine recipe. Marinating the ribs is key. I want to try smoking them as opposed to the traditional grilling.

Galbi are good, the trick is to get the butterflying technique down to slice them thin enough.  When I tried it they ended up pretty tough...but the flavor was great!

I saw a recipe on one of Raichlen's shows where he keeps the short ribs whole, marinates them galbi style and then smokes them in a UDS.  Let me dig that up....   Oh, never mind, they are technically more of a Chinese style, but I'm sure you could tweak it to make it more Korean...its the "Five Spice Ribs" on the link below.

http://www.primalgrill.org/htdocs/ribs.html

I haven't tried that one, but will put it on the list. Man if those ribs taste as good as they look...I'll be in cow heaven.
Ron Price

Offline Pawtucket Patriot

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Rebelling against cheap swill since 2005
    • Bauhaus Brew Labs
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 08:35:06 am »
I'm finally firing up the smoker today for the first time this season.  For the past several weeks, I've been monumentally busy and have survived a harrowing stomach flu bug.  But today, it's Jamaican jerk short ribs with a rumbullion BBQ sauce a la Steve Raichlen!  I'm steeping some halved habaneros in the sauce to give it more of a kick.  Can't wait!
Matt Schwandt | Minneapolis, MN
AHA Member

Partial-Mash Pictorial
All-Grain Pictorial

Offline nicneufeld

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 08:57:50 am »
Sounds good!  The extra heat should be nice with the sweetness of that sauce.  I'm doing the "chinatown ribs" today, again, courtesy raichlen.  Need to get them on the smoker soon!

Offline bluesman

• I must live here
  • Delaware
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2010, 12:34:19 pm »
Sounds good!  The extra heat should be nice with the sweetness of that sauce.  I'm doing the "chinatown ribs" today, again, courtesy raichlen.  Need to get them on the smoker soon!

+1

I smoked a couple of racks last week using SR's rub and sauce recipes. Lip smackin' licious they were!

I also smoked a Beef Briscuit that turned out very good. I want to try the "chinatown ribs" next.
Ron Price